.fifteen| 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

"She seems to be doing better these last few days

"She seems to be doing better these last few days." Lucas spoke to Max, the both of them watching the girl hand out flyers for the toy drive the school was hosting, her job as student body president to get everyone interested in coming.

"She is." Max nodded, knowing what Lucas was talking about. "I think she just gets in her head too much."

"Maybe." Lucas agreed with her. "But most people that get into their head don't stay in their room for an entire week, barley eat anything, and don't even get out of bed to shower."

It was happening more and more with Clove, but no one truly knew what was bothering her so much, especially not a group of freshmen. They'd all known Clove had always been extremely insecure in herself, her sexuality, her relationships, her life in general, but that wasn't something to drive her to whatever it was she went through ever now and then. Truth was, she's be happy and okay most days, most weeks actually, sometimes even months, and then out of no where, nothing to even trigger or hurt her, she's fall into some sort of black hole. She hadn't moved from bed, wouldn't talk, barley ate, didn't take care of herself. It was terrifying, and the worst part was how it just randomly hit her, and no one knew what to do about it. And then it would stop.

"She's doing good this week." Max smiled as she watched her girlfriend smile and laugh at the students, handing the flyers out and chatting them up as much as she could. "She's amazing."

Lucas nodded his head, watching his life long friend. "What do her parents think?"

"They won't say anything. It's like they're scared to talk about it." Max said honestly, shaking her head. "She doesn't have enough confidence, I think she just gets scared and shuts off sometimes. Explains why she's so flaky all the time, you know?"

"Well, yeah. The worlds not really accepting at all." Lucas had to point out, because he felt like he was the only one that truly would say anything out loud. "She's been bullied her entire life, not to mention her isn't exactly like everyone else in the relationships department. Obviously, she's insecure."

"So what are you trying to say? You think something is wrong and she's not talking to us?" Max looked over, because he kept hinting at something that she wasn't completely sure of.

"I'm just saying that m-" Lucas began, being cut off.

"This winter is so much colder then last winter." Clove spoke as she walked toward the two. Her now bleached hair, getting it done right before going back to school, bounced around her shoulders as she walked down the side walk. Her red lips, a new look she started doing, stood out against the red sweater she wore. "What if we're secretly trapped in a snow globe?"

"A snow globe?" Max rose her eyebrows, hiding her smile.

"Is it really unlikely at this point?" Clove asked, taking her bag from Lucas. "Thank you, sir. Can I count on you to come to the toy drive?"