.eighteen| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

"We'll swing by and grab you after we go check his friends

"We'll swing by and grab you after we go check his friends." Jason stopped at Cloves house. "Thanks for doing this."

"Shouldn't take me long." she looked to the house, no one was home. "Don't be long, I don't wanna be home alone with a murderer on the loose."

"Lock the doors and i'll run up and get you when we come back." Lucas nodded at her, earning a thumbs up before the car drove off. As Clove headed up the steps, unlocking her door, she quickly got inside. She locked the doors like Lucas said and was headed for the printer.

A hand clasped over her mouth.

Clove yelled as she tried to fight off the hand, their arms locked around her. "Chill out! It's me! It's me!"

Max let Clove go as she spun around. with wide eyes, her lipstick was smeared from Max's hand over her mouth just a few moments ago. "What the hell? You scared me!"

"I know you're jumpy and I didn't want you to scream and alert your neighbors." Max defended herself, raising her hand. Clove saw the red on her palms. "Sorry."

"What are you doing here?" Clove sat down to calm her heart rate.

"Came to find you. I need your help." Max sat with her and grabbed her hand. "Have you seen the news?"

"Yeah, I've been trying to help Jason find Eddie. That's why I came home, to print missing flyers." the blonde nodded her head.

"What? No." Max shook her head. "Eddie is innocent. He didn't kill Chrissy."

"What do you mean? The cops said he did." she sat up more.

"It wasn't him." Max swallowed. "Something is here. In Hawkins. That's why I was looking for you, I was freaking out."

"Something like a passing murderer or something that shouldn't exist?" she asked, despite already knowing the answer.

"I just really need you to come with me." Max stood up with an out reached hand. "If you're anywhere else I have no clue if you're alive or safe and I really wanna know if you're alive or safe."

"Last time I checked-" she stood up with a grin. "-I was alive and safe."

"So, let's keep it that way." the redhead latched onto her hand, leaning in to kiss her once before dragging her off to Steve's car parked out back.

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy spoke up before Clove could. After getting to the trailer park, Dustin explained his theory to both of the girls.

"If the shoe fits." Steve shrugged.

"Doesn't Vecna attack with a spell? Of something or someone that's cursed, right?" Clove nodded her head with a questionable look.

"Exactly, that's my theory." Dustin nodded at her. "How, weather or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know."