.three ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿˢᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ

(memories from the past will be in italics)

"Is there anything you remember about your friends' disappearance?" A police officer asked as Clove watched her Dad being questioned about her mother and El .

"No."she stated as she stared at the officer.

"Look, we know you know something... something none of us know. We want the girl." he said while staring at her.

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about, but if I did do you honestly think I'd tell you where she went? Really? Do you honestly?!" Clove shouted as she stood up.

"Hey! Hey I told you not to question her without me here." Levan said as he ran over to his daughter who began to sob.

"That's enough for tonight, get out of my house." Levan demanded as the police left.

"I lost them both." Clove cried as her Father hugged her.

"Honey, did something happen? More than what I know?" he asked while holding her close to him, Levan was there when his wife was taken... they were very close with Joyce Byers and Stella worked with Hopper so it was bound for them to find out about what their daughter was involved with. She wanted to get Will back, she wanted to protect El, she wanted so much.

"El."she cried out as he father held her tighter.

"It'll be okay, it's okay," he said while kissing the top of her head/

"Clover! Breakfast! Fresh cereal, right out the microwave." Levan called out as Clove laughed and jogged down the stairs.

"Did you know by just say flesh and microwave doesn't make it sound fancy right?" she laughed while sitting down.

"Yeah but I feel bad when I just pour something in a bowl for you." he said while sitting across from her.

"I like cereal though." she shrugged through a mouth full.

"We stalked up on egos last year, what happened with that?" he asked as Clover stopped eating.

"No egos, cereal is good."she said while looking down as he studied her for a moment, knowing something was up.

"Hey, I made a new friend." Clove grinned over at him.

"Really? What's his name?" Levan asked while pulling the spoon into his mouth.

"Her actually, and Max short for Maxine. Moved here from California." Clover grinned as Levan gave a shocked look.

"Wow, you're hanging out with a girl. That's a new one, tell me about her. Is she nice? Get along with the boys okay?" Levan asked as Clover grinned.

"Um, we're still working on it, she's cool though. Like really cool, rides a skateboard and everything. Firry red hair too, goes well with her personality. She beat Dustin's high score on Dig Dug." Clover said with a laugh as Levan stared over at her.

"Well why don't you invite her over later on tonight?" he asked while she gave him an odd look.

"What?" she asked.

"Yeah, after you go trick or treating with the boys see if she wants to swing by. Love to meet her." he nodded while Clover took a moment.

"Okay sure." she shrugged as he gave her a grin.