.eight ᶠᵒᵘʳ ᴸᵉᵃᶠ ᶜˡᵒᵛᵉʳ

The next morning when Clove woke, she sat up in confusion, not feeling Max beside her. Looking to her right, she grabbed the small note on her bed side table.

Clover,
Didn't wanna wake you but I had to get home, had a great time last night see you soon
-Max

Clove smiled as she stuck it under her pillow and slipped on her bunny slippers.

"Hey Dad, are you awake?" Clove asked as she looked into the living room where he usual was watching the morning show. She heard laughing from the kitchen, a woman's laughter.

"Dad?" she asked again but when she circled the corner, she saw much more then only her Father.

"I didn't wanna ruin your goodnight sleep." Stella Reyes spoke as she stood, causing Cloves eyes to widen.

"M-mom." she shuddered while the strawberry blonde smiled and raced to her daughter while the two began to cry.

"I thought you were gone, where were you?" Clove cried out as she hugged her Mom tightly.

"I know baby, i'm sorry but I had to stay away for a while so no one would ask questioned about what happened. I'm home now though, that's all that matters." Stella spoke as they pulled away from each other and she wiped her daughters face to get the tears off before she did hers too.

"Where were you? Were you safe?" she asked while Stella nodded.

"Yeah, yeah i'm okay. I found a underground bunker in the woods, look I had some company to." Stella said while leading her daughter over to the dinning room where a golden retriever played with Levan's old tennis shoes.

"Oh my gosh, he's beautiful." Clove smiled as the dog came over and let Clove pet him.

"Found him just roming, figured he'd make a good match for us." Stella said as she leaned down next to Clove who kneeled down so the dog licked her face.

"Does he have a name?" Clove asked while looking back at her mothers brown eyes.

"I named him Buttercup, sometimes just cup for short." Stella said as Clove giggled and leaned into her Mom more.

"Can't believe we have two kids named after plants." Levan joked as he sat with them on the floor as the two woman laughed.

"Im really glad you're home, Mom." Clove said as she looked to her Mom who gave a sad smile and hugged her daughter again.

Clove spent that whole day with her Mom, they talked and laughed and just felt whole again. Something Clove missed, even though she knew deep down something still wasn't there. She felt guilty the next day when her Dad woke her up.

"Honey, Dustin is coming through on the walkie upstairs. Says it's extremely urgent and you have to answer." Levan spoke as Clove hurried to her room.

"Dustin?" she asked in a panic.

"Clove! Jesus why didn't you pick up all yesterday?" he asked as Clove sighed.

"I'm sorry, it's a long story. Are you hurt?" she asked as she heard someone else with him.

"I'm fine, I need you to meet me at the old junk yard." Dustin said as Clove nodded even though he couldn't see her.

"Is that Lucas with you?" she asked.

"No, Lucas hasn't pick up yet either, it's Steve." Dustin said as Clove frowned in confusion.

"Steve?" she asked.