.sixteen| 𝐓𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐮𝐭

"Okay, Clover, you know we love you and all look up to your leadership skills

"Okay, Clover, you know we love you and all look up to your leadership skills." the principle spoke, outside of the gym. Clove applied a layer of red lipstick, sticking the tub back in her bag. "But, i've been advised by some parents that they think you're a bit too...political."

"Isn't the president suppose to be political?" the blonde frowned her eyebrows, checking herself in the mirror as she pushed on her cheek bones, wiped the corners of her mouth, made sure her mascara didn't smear under her eyes.

"A few of the students told their parents you've been talking about your rather different opinions." the principle nodded. "While I love your enthusiasm, I don't want people to believe we don't treat all our students equally."

"But, you don't." she looked at
him with raised eyebrows. Most of her confidence came from knowing the principle wouldn't kick her off student body president after all the money her mom and dad had donated, now that their daughter had a big say in what happens at the school and they wanted to provide her with all the financial resources she needed. "That's why I talk about it."

"I'd just much rather if you could avoid taking about topics regardless." he nodded down at her. "Actually, I advice you to stop."

"Then you can find a new student body president." she smiled at him. "I'm sure plenty of other parents would love to donate you more then double your salary in order to support the school they send their children too."

It was board line black mail, and rather harsh. But Clove fought so hard to be elected president. It was rare for a freshman to even be considered, let alone picked. Especially if they were a no body, and Clove Reyes once was more then a nobody. She had to push herself out of her comfort zone, had to suffer the humiliation and bullying that was tossed onto her in the process of trying to get others to stop and listen to all she'd do for the school if she was elected. She had to stand infront of a crowd, given her speech, and get trash thrown at her for it. She suffered daily because of it, but she fought right up until the end when all that went away.

And she won the election, because while they didn't necessarily like her, what she had in mind for the school was smart.

"Hi, Hawkins High." Clove smiled into the mic as she walked out into the gym, waving. "Cheer squad, you guys are amazing! I mean, aren't they just amazing?"

The crowd cheered. A people pleaser she was, it was figured out soon after the election and people started to like her more. Max made it into the bleachers, moving her head past a few infront of her to get a better look at Clove.

"Before I welcome Jason and the remaining Tigers out here, I wanted to talk to all of you, as your Student Body President, about a possible petition." she held the clip board up into the air. The principle sighed, because this wasn't part of the plan. "I don't know about the rest of you, but don't you think it's rather, what's a good word, beyond ridiculous, that we have a boys basketball team, a boys soccer team, a boys literal club just for boys yet the girls don't get any of that?"