.two ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶜˡᵒᵛᵉ

Clove didn't always ride with the boys to school, but it was very rare. But today, on a cloudy morning in Hawkins she chose to ride alone, telling her father bye she pedaled off down the road. The school wasn't too far from her house, if it were her Father would never let her go. Waving to Karen and Holly as she passed the Wheeler household Clover smiled as the wind wiped through her hair.

She was nearly was at school when she saw it, or her. It was a small opening in the forest and she noticed the familiar tan skin and red hair. The brown orbs that Clover also had stared back at her, the eighth-grader slammed her breaks hard enough that made her fall off the pink bike and skid her hands on the gravel. With a groan, she sat up and looked in the direction she once saw her but noticed her mother was no longer there.Rolling her eyes, she got back on her bike and ignored her bloody hands as she straightened out the jean dress she wore with a fitted multicolor long sleeve under neither, "Stupid imagination."

"You're about to make us late, Reyes! Two minutes, this is why we all ride together every morning." Lucas said annoyed as she rode into school.

"Where were you?" Dustin scolded her as the girl parked her bike with the others in front of the school.

""Sorry late morning, long night" she shrugged.

""What happened to your hands?" Lucas asked as he saw they were bloody.

"Feel off my bike, no big deal." she shrugged while they went toward Mr.Clarks classroom.

"Did something happen?" Will asked as it fell to awkward silence.

"No, I just fell. It happens to you guys all the time." Clove rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but this is different, I-" Lucas began but was cut off.

"Guys! Leave her alone, if she wants to talk she will." Mike said as they walked into the classroom and handed Clover a tissue for her hands, she sent him a grateful look along with a smile as they all sat down.

"Meet the human brain, I know I know it doesn't look like much.. a little gross even, right? But consider this, there are a hundred billion cells inside this merical of evolution all working as one. No, I didn't misspeak. A hundred billion" Mr.Clark said to the unamused class just as the door slammed.

"Ah, this must be our new student." Mr.Clark smiled as Clover sat up more when she saw the redhead.

"Indeed it is, all yours." Their principal spoke as he walked out of the classroom.

"Alright hold up there, you don't get away that easy" Mr.Clark said as he stopped the girl who was speed walking to her desk.

"Come on up, Dustin... drum roll," Mr.Clark said as Clove hit her forehead, knowing how embarrassing this was for the new girl as the boy with curls began patting on his book, "Class, please welcome all the way from sunny California the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine." Mr.Clarke grinned as the girl quickly added in.

"It's Max."the redhead corrected him quickly which caught the Five's attention.

"I'm sorry?" Mr.Clarke asked.

"No one calls me Maxine, it's Maxzl she said once again as the boys all shared a look but Clover couldn't help but grin at the fact that it was a girl that beat them at a game, not a guy.

"Well aboard Max." Mr.Clark grinned as Max walked to the back of the class where the boys eyes followed her, when the four looked away Clove glanced over her shoulder at the strawberry hair colored girl who meets her eyes and glanced behind her to see if Clover was looking at her, when she looked back the brunette sent her a small wave as the redhead grin slightly and waved back subtlety.