8.

Lily's screeches could be heard down the whole lane, as she yanked a booted foot from Arthurs firm grip. "The little heathen took my snow!" He gasped, nervously raking a hand through his stringy hair, rings glinting in the early morning light streaming through the edge of the window pane that wasn't covered by the dingy off white lace curtain. It had once been nice-one of Pollys most prized pieces of home decor-before Lily spilled tea on it. Polly rushed over, grasping Lily and bodily scooping her up as the child screamed. She had felt a cool bottle, and suspected it held candy or something sweet to drink. So she had taken it from Arthurs desk as he lay passed out, white powder on his nose. "Good God, Arthur. You know not to leave this shit out for her to get into." Polly smacked him on the head not once, not twice, but three times. Arthur raised his arms protectively. "I'm sorry Aunt Pol, I must have fallen asleep. Is she okay? Did she get snow in her?" He shook wildly, cocaine and anxiety from the situation doubling his nervousness. Polly held tight to Lily while nodding for John, who had just strode in from down the street, to pry open her mouth. "Jesus, Arthur." John said, face turning pale. Lily had white on her lips, and it looked as if she had gotten into the flour carton. But they all knew it wasn't flour. "Right. Get her in the wash basin. Ready some hot cloths and bowls." Polly barked. Finn had just awoken, and was groggily washing sleep from his eyes, and Polly snapped her fingers. "Get Ada from whereever she runs off to-I know you see her sneaking off. Go, Finn. NOW!" She waved him out the door. "Where the hell is Tommy when you need him." She muttered. It was at that moment that Grace opened the door, utterly in awe of the situation in front of her. 

authors note: sorry the chapters have been short they will get a little longer once i move into season 2 and get more into a bit of the plot and stuff. :)