9.

"Jesus, right. Into the tub." Polly cradled the child to her, setting her into the washbasin and stripping her with the help of John. "Oh my-what's happened?" Grace asked, confused as could be. "Go get Thomas-he's probably with the horses." Polly told John, waving Grace over to help her hold Lily. She was limp now, head back and mouth open. "I need you to fetch the doctor." She sent Grace with the empty bottle that the snow had been in. "Show him this, tell him the Shelby child has gotten into it. He'll know." Polly shooed Grace back out into the street, heart racing as she turned back to Lily. A small moan left her mouth. "I know, child. I know." Polly held her tight, rocking her back and forth in the cold water. 

When Tommy entered the door with John, he wasn't quite sure what to expect. John had shown up, out of breath and flushed, saying there was an emergency with Lily. He didn't expect to see Polly, tears slipping down her cheeks as she held a limp Lily, quiet for once, looking quite unwell. "What's she taken?" Tommy stepped into the flat, and walked over briskly, leaning down and taking Lilys limp head in his hands, assessing her pale face and noodly limbs. "She got into Arthurs coke." Pollys voice was wobbly. "I'm going to fucking kill him." Tommy stood angrily, but Polly grabbed his wrist. "No. Tommy. I need you here with me. Help me see her through this. She needs us." Polly pleaded. Tommy paused, and then nodded, giving in to his aunts pleas. He pulled up a chair, sitting and holding Lilys small hand, bowing his head and hoping to God or whatever was up there that his little sister would be okay. "If she was awake right now she'd be pretty pissed at me for taking a hold of her hand." Tommy said, trying to smile. Polly laughed through her tears. "That she would." 

*authors note: This is a short chapter I apologize, but a serious scary thing for Lily and The Shelby's happened this chapter so I'm not too mad at myself for not writing a ton.