tell me pretty lies

not proof read, no warnings? enjoy lol!

'okay im gonna have to head out, vision wanted to cook and apparently we need paprika??'
'alright wands, see ya later skata'
'love you y/n'
'back at ya' you replied as you hugged her softly.

Wanda left, tote bag in hand, leaving you and Natasha alone in the kitchen-an unusual silence settled over the two of you. awkward in a way that you and nat had never experienced. You'd been close for years, ever since you became an avenger the two of you had a special bond- something even wanda couldn't wrap her head around (and she can read minds). The three of you formed a strong bond being the only girls of the compound and hung out all the time. Things were never awkward...so what was this?  You hummed softly in attempt to break the tension but this only caused the both of you to connect your gaze and Natasha looked longingly into yours as if she were searching them for answers.
'you'd never look at me the way you look at wanda. would you?' she finally confessed.

You were confused. You admired wanda yes, who wouldn't but you didn't like her. Besides- she's with vision. 'Nat what do you mean- I don't like wanda?' You laughed.
'Really? Then why are you always so giggly when she's around...'
The truth is that whenever you're around nat alone , it's all fine. But nat and someone else. Oh woah, it's like you cant function. Like a vision with a missing cog.
Natasha stood up and went to leave but you held your hand up to stop her and as you went to speak- no words came out. All you could do was stand and stare into her perfect emerald eyes. You knew you could confess everything right here right now but the fear stopped you. Ruining your relationship would break your heart. You didn't know if you were ready to take the risk.
'Goodnight y/n' mumbled nat.
'Hey-' she pushed your arm out of her way and began pacing down the hallway to her room(next to yours) and you followed ;naturally. Trying with everything you had left, you gave her your all in attempt to win back the one girl you had ever truly loved at all. 'Tell me pretty lies, look me in my face? Tell me that you love me-'
'Even though it's fvcking fake?' she cut you off.
'I don't fvcking care...' you reply shyly
'No YOURE too fvcking scared!'
'Tasha-I'm only a fool for you...and maybe you're too good for me at all.'
She stepped towards you as tears were noticeably welling in your eyes and you noticed the same occurring in hers. She looked down at your hands and held them with hers. After a few moments she pursed her lips and whispered
'You never liked wanda did you...'
'Nope' you responded- popping the p
'And I reacted like that for no good reason didnt I...' she scrunched her face up in regret.
'Yup' you responded again. Popping the p.
'Ah'
'Ah'
'Y/n im only a fool for you too. If you want me to tell you I love you I will. Because I do.'
Silence.
'You do?'
'Y/n since the day we met! I've never loved anyone as much as I love you oh my goodness!'
'Really!!'you giggle slightly at the shock and excitement coursing though you'
'Oh my god you're so cute' she muttered before kissing you with all the emotions of the wind curving between you both and when she pulled back neither of you could stop smiling.
'Oh y/n im sorry for getting mad earlier'
'No worries nat, you didn't know'
'Mmm now I do'
'Now ya do'
She laughed and hugged you at the waist before squeezing and picking you up, running to her bedroom and causing you to erupt into a pile of giggles. [[[ok not today y'all can imagine what happened next.....]]]

a/n: merry christmas my lovelies!! those who celebrate, and those who don't, I hope you had a great day regardless and know you are loved and appreciated. did not expect to write this but i got inspo from @/wagspov on tiktok!!!