Chapter 3.

Michael spoke happily to Ennard, who followed him silently to his right. Mike noticed late that his friend didn't say anything at all. He also stopped talking, looking at him intently and suspiciously.

"Enn, are you okay? You're quiet... Quieter than usual."

"I'm fine, Michael."

"Michael..? What happened to Eggs..?" He shot worried eyes.

"I thought it bothered you when I call you like that. That's what you usually say. Often."

"Yeah... But I call you Burn Spaghetti, too. So you can call me Eggs."

"... Okay."

"Are you sure you're okay? I thought you'd enjoy this outing."

"But I am."

"No. You're not. If you were you wouldn't be like that... monotonous."

"I'm fine Michael. Believe me."

"Stop walking." Ennard stopped instantly, as if he were a doll. Mike stood in front of him, staring at him. "What... what happened to your face?"

"Nothing happened to me."

"Yeah. Al that sounds pretty crap to me. it's like someone brutally shot you. Who did this to you?" He had become protective. Ennard is untouchable, how did he get hurt? Mike already had some suspicions and names on his mind.

Ennard didn't answer, just stared blankly at him. The dead body looked at him seriously, trying to pressure him to speak. This used to work, now it fails. Michael tried to hear what Enn was thinking, but he couldn't. It was as if there was a barrier between them. He frowned a little, scared and confused.

"Ennard.. Why can't I hear you? Why can't I hear your thoughts?..."

"I don't know what you're talking about." His voice was empty.

From here everything took a different path...

------

"Nightmare.. that couldn't be Ennard. I'm worried." Goldie spoke softly from the edge of C.C's bed.

"Me too, Goldie. Me too.."

Nightmare was in front of their closet. His hands were crossed. Eyes closed and body tense. Glitchtrap had the audacity to talk to them, but only to annoy them or if William asked him to tell them something. The fact that he was starting to appear more and more often with them lately, especially with Ennard, was suspicious. But that only happened when the three of them were alone in a room. If there was only one member of the Afton family with them, he would not show up. Nightmare didn't trust Glitch, never did, and never will.

"Did I come at a bad time?" C.C asked with a forced smile on his face.

Goldie and Night had looked discreetly at each other, then at the boy. The blonde got out of bed.

"No, you didn't come at a bad time."

"Then what about these two faces of yours? Nightmare looks like someone's dead. And you look like someone's going to die."

"Uh.. did you see Ennard today? And by mistake if he did."

"No. He's still out with Michael. Why?"

"Just asking."

C.C looked at them both intently. "What are you hiding?" He folded his hands, his expression and tone of voice becoming serious, authoritative.

"We're not hiding anything, C.C." Goldie said, glancing at Night.

"You're lying. Tell me! I don't think it's so bad that you can't tell me."

"It's related to Glitchtrap." Nightmare's voice came out of nowhere. "And Ennard..."

The boy was shocked, his hands falling near his body. He get approval from Goldie that Night's short words were true. He approach the brunette.

"Further.."

"Glitchtrap always started appearing when it was just me, Goldie and Enn. And it was like.. trying to get close to Ennard. And today Goldie had seen Enn, who didn't have a twinkle in his eyes. He also had heavy marks on his face. And last night... "He stopped talking, gritting his teeth.

"Nightmare, go on." The boy's calm voice gave him strength to continue.

"Don't get me wrong what I'm going to say. Yesterday when I saw Enn, he was jealous of you for spending too much time with your brother. That bothered him a little... and I said I'd take care of it.. "

"That's why you said to go the yard!!" C.C said loudly.

"Yeah. Please don't get mad at me."

"I don't. You're lucky I liked it. Keep going."

"And so was William. And Glitchtrap had appeared, saying he would take care of Mr. Afton if.. It sounds extremely stupid what I'm going to say- If Ennard dances with him at midnight." C.C looked at Night with wide eyes and a disfigured face. "Looking at your face and- "

"ENNARD ACCEPTED?!?"

"You'll be surprised, but yes. Yes, he agrees."

"Whhhaaaaa?...! But- HA!?" The boy no longer understood what was happening. "I can hardly convince him! But- Ughhhh... ... And you say something bad happened at that dance?"

"I'm not saying that. I'm sure of it. Something is certain.. but I don't know what. And Ennard doesn't say anything. He's like a puppet!"

The room was quiet. Goldie had begun to look around him, stressed. Slowly, his ears heard footsteps. "Someone's coming..." He said blankly.

The other two looked at him, then at the door that suddenly opened. It was Michael. "What Happened to Ennard?!" Mike's clothes and hair were messy.

"Did you just notice?" Nightmare took it hard. "And why do you look like that?"

"E-Ennard.." He looked down. "He's not himself."

"Tell us something we didn't already know."

"Nightmare!" Goldie snapped at him.

"What?! I'm not scheduled or I have that the character to be a company that behaves nicely. You know that. "

Goldie sighed. "Michael, what happened?"

"I tried to talk to him, to find out what he had. I couldn't even hear his thoughts anymore. I kept insisting and instituting- until he raised his hand at me... But he lowered it after it, pushing me down. I tried to follow him, but I couldn't find him.. I have no idea where he might be."

"Wherever he is now... that's too much."

"What are you talking about, Nightmare? What do you know?"

"I'll explain to you what I told C.C. Then we have to look for him."

------

A closed breath against his will, fled until he found a dark corner where he could sit quietly. Ennard had begun to cry loudly, bringing his feet to his chest and his hands to his head.

"Stop it.. Stop it.. Stop it! STOP IT!!!"

"Ennard?"