Chapter 5.

Michael tried several times to talk to Ennard through their mental connection, but no avail. Quiet. That silence killed him terribly, ate him inside, grinded him slowly. Why does it have to exist? Mike was in his bedroom at the moment, looking at the spot on the ceiling where Enn usually appeared from the vents. But now no one was going to come down.

'Enn..? Please Ennard..!' His fingers had joined the palms tightly. 'ENNARD!!'

"Michael." It was William's voice coming from behind him. Mike hurried back to him. "Are you ok?" He asked him calmly.

"No!! I'm not ok!! Ennard is gone!" He screams. "Did you see him somewhere!?" Desperate.

"Not."

Michael swore under his breath, feeling his hands begin to tremble. "I'm scared.. What if something happened? He's not at Sister Location, in vents.. at home! I have no idea where he might be outside!!" The trembling had grown to his shoulders and soon all over his dead body.

William looked at him. He didn't feel so guilty about it because he knew where Ennard was. It wouldn't be the first time he'd hidden something. He walked over to his son. "Michael, I'm sure Ennard is fine and safe."

"How can you be sure of that?!"

"Ennard is smart and an animatronic killer. He will be."

Michael looked at him disfigured. "Did you just called him a killer..?" His voice was distant and determined, harsh.. outraged.

Afton stopped, looking at him. "Yes, that's right."

"The program is one! Not HIM!"

"It's all one, Michael. Now excuse me, I have some work in the office, after I will go to bed. I suggest you do the same. And don't stress, Ennard will be back home soon, I guarantee." William left the bedroom, leaving his son with suspicion and even more stress and fear.

------

Ennard opened his eyes, a sign that he was waking from the sleep he didn't think he could have. He panicked briefly when he saw where he was, but his memory quickly reminded him of where he was at that moment. Still in Afton's secret room. He sighed heavily, even tired. It wasn't so comfortable sleeping on the floor, but he was already used to it. He rested his forehead on his own palm, eyes opening and closing slowly but often. He heard a click coming from above. His heart skipped a beat. In a still silence to sit and after a sound to hear when you sink deeper into the darkness, even I would be scared to death.

- Morning, sunshine. -

"Morning you too, Afton." His voice was hoarse, freshly awakened.

- You sound awful. Michael asked about you yesterday. He's worried. -

"Tell me something new." He muttered under his breath.

- Yeah. All right. And I guess Nightmare will have a nervous breakdown soon. -

"Why do you say that?" Enn had become interested, a little worried.

- His eyes twinkle, twitch. His hands are clenched. Body on alert. Suspect something. Or Someone. -

"On Glitchtrap.."

- I assume.. -

"Afton.. did you talk to Glitch?"

- Not yet. I'll do it soon. -

"Okay. ... Thank you."

- For? You owe me more. -

"Seriously?" He looked at the camera irritated and cold, his eyes blurred.

- But how not? Now excuse me, I have to go. Still a pleasant boredom, Ennard. -

Communication stopped. "Damn you Afton.." He muttered contemptuously. "I want to get out of here. I feel like I'm going crazy if I'm here for more than a week!" His eyes had been on the bag that was lying on the floor since last night. "Maybe it's time for decoration.."

Afton stopped the audio and video communication, now staring blankly at nowhere. "Glitchtrap." He pronounced the name strictly, and the shouted one appeared in front of him.

"Called again, Afton?"

"Yes." He folded his hands. "What are your plans?"

Glitchtrap looked at him, his eyes widening in astonishment. "Plans? None, William."

Afton did not swallow the dumpling that had been served in front of him. "Then what do you have to do with Ennard?"

He looked at William with the same expression on his face, as if his memory reminded him, the rabbit's ears rising rapidly. "Ooooh! Ennard! Is that what this is about?!" His legs no longer touched the floor. "I'm just having a little fun."

William looked up at him, and he was still sitting in his chair. "Fun? I know how you have fun, and I can guarantee it's not fun."

"Oh don't be like that Willy~"

"Don't call me that." He said harshly, more orderly.

Glitch grinned. "Oh. And why not? Did I touch a sensitive rope?~" He approached Afton in the mid-air. William tensed. "Don't you want me to call you like this because your brother called you that?"

"STOP."

"How exciting! I touched it well!~"

"GLITCHTRAP." William had a little left and it was all set to chaos.

The rabbit just giggled, floating away from Afton. "I'm leaving now.~"

"Glitchrap rabbit you fucker!!" He screamed, getting up from his chair, throwing the knife he always had at hand in the place where the mascot rabbit had been. The knife went deep into the wall. Glitch's crazy laugh was heard all over the room, making William's nerves grow.

"OH Afton~!" Glitchtrap's voice echoed in the serial killer's ears. "He's lost! Dead! Forget him!~"

"REMAIN SILENT!!" He covered his ears, the voice now in his head.

"So will Ennard for Michael.~"