songs of innocence

Valerie sat besides her sister, fiddling with the soft lavender robe she had loosely tied over her pajamas she wore underneath

Valerie sat besides her sister, fiddling with the soft lavender robe she had loosely tied over her pajamas she wore underneath. Emily, Aria, and Hanna all surrounded the hospital bed which Spencer laid in quietly chatting about the recent events.
"Where is Mona?" Valerie spoke up concerned that she wasn't with the group.
"She's down the hall." Hanna reassured her friend who immediately relaxed with a nod leaning back into her seat as Hanna continued, "and that other girl is down there too, Sara Harvey."
"What about Andrew?"
"What about him?" Aria wondered causing Hanna to fidget before explaining, "I heard them talking in my ambulance... about how they found plans and journals in Andrew's house at the farm where he left the van."
"Andrew Campbell and Charles DiLaurentis are the same person, that's what we're saying right?" Emily concluded
"We're not just saying it, it's reality." Aria corrected
"Reality's been through a lot, and so have we." Spencer commented from her bed.
"You guys, its makes perfect sense. 'Andrew's always just been there on the edge of things.' 'Always there, helping.' Makes me sick just thinking about it." Aria elaborated

"So when do we tell the police about Charles?" Emily questioned
"We don't." Spencer replied
"We don't?" Valerie repeated confused
"The cops will know if it's true." Spencer confirmed.
"It is true, Spencer." Aria told her friend
"They'll know Andrew is Charles when they find him."
~~
Valerie sat on her bed of her actual bedroom glancing around the room as flashbacks from the dollhouse flashed through her mind. Eventually she snapped out of it as her phone rang causing her to glance at it to see Jason's name across the screen. Pushing the ignore button she exhaled as she heard a knock on the door before her mother entered with medication from the doctors.

"Hey just wanted to give you these and inform you I am going to be staying for a couple nights - oh honey," her mother gushed rushing over to her daughters bed to sit next to her causing Valerie to reach to her cheek and brush of the running tear she didn't know she had.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"No, not right now. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Toby called earlier, said they caught Andrew. Is that true?"
"It is," her mother nodded with a sympathetic glance as her daughter leaned her head on her mother's shoulder "Your father is dealing with the police right now."
"Deal with them how?" Valerie questioned
"He's talked to all the other parents and we've all agreed that no one has to talk to the police until you guys are ready." her mother elaborated "I just talked to your sister about it and she seems headstrong to talk to them today and I know that you're feeling that way too but I want you to think about it before exposing those feelings and emotions to the public. Talk to your friends, your family first. Jason."

Valerie retracted on this commented glancing at her mother's expression, "You know?"
"Well you two could've been more discreet about it. But yes I know, especially since he was so set on saving you girls and he kept mentioning yours and Ali's name especially so I put two and two together. What I don't understand is why aren't you talking to him."

"I think I just need to focus on myself right now. Get back to life. Leave this mess behind. Like Toby said, it's done. It's over. "
Her mother went to speak but Valerie convincing expression caused her to close her mouth and decide against it letting a small tiny supportive smile spread across her face as she got up and headed towards the bedroom door before pausing and turning around and stating, "Why don't you come downstairs? Help Aria and I make some tea."
"How many people do you need to make tea?" Valerie questioned with a hum as she reached into her bedside table and pulled out her sketch pad.
"I- well, we are downstairs if you'd like to join." her mother concluded before stepping out of the bedroom but not before glancing back at her daughter with concern in her eyes wishing she would open up. But she knew the girl and she knew that especially after this traumatic experience it was going to take a lot of trust to get her to express her emotions instead of digging herself into a hole she will have to pull herself out of once it all comes collapsing down on top of her. But as her mother left, Valerie turned on her music and began to sketch everything she thought of and in that case the drawings in the end were stashed away in the current book she was reading when she got taken and put under her mattress because completed, they were too terrifying to look at because it took her back to that place but artistically speaking this was the only way to clear her mind and express her thoughts.
~~
Jason DiLaurentis sighed as another one of his calls went directly to voicemail by Valerie Montgomery before he headed over to his sisters bedroom to see her sitting on her bed staring off into space.
"Ali?" Jason wondered concerned causing the girl to snap her head up to see her brother at her open door entrance.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, any response from Valerie?" Alison wondered only for her expression to drop slightly when she noticed her brother shake his head causing her to sigh.
"I'm sure she's just getting settled in with her family and getting used to her home again. She's been through a lot Jason."
"So have you, are you sure you are okay?" Jason questioned approaching his sisters bed to which she scooted over to provide a space for the boy to sit down.
"Can any of us be sure that we are a hundred percent okay?"