the bad seed

"if you're trying out for 'the bad seed' you need to sign up here and wait by the auditorium door until your name is called

"if you're trying out for 'the bad seed' you need to sign up here and wait by the auditorium door until your name is called. thank you, and good luck." 

Hanna, Emily, Spencer, Valerie and Aria were all sitting in a semi-circle on the ground, while practicing the script.

"start with the line about the stolen medal." spencer told them 
"why isn't she wearing any shoes?" Hanna asked confused. 
"so she can look short enough to play an eight-year-old." Valerie rolled her eyes flipping through the script. Spencer chuckled before continuing, "what's my line?" she asked. 

"I don't see anything about a medal." Emily told Spencer as she leans over. 
"no, that's what the eight year old killed her classmate for. The penmanship medal, that why they call her the bad seed." Spencer explained. 

"A penmanship medal, really?" Hanna asked. 
"didn't you read the whole play?" Spencer retorted as she looked at Aria. 
"don't look at me. Hanna's the one trying out, i'm just here to make her look taller." 
"why do I have to read the whole play? I don't want to be the bad seed's mother. I want the other mother, the one who's drunk all the time." Hanna groaned. Valerie rolled her eyes as Aria chuckled. 

"No comment." Spencer shrugged. 
"Are you still ragging on me for bringing a flask to a dance? I don't need another parents, Spencer. One's plenty." 
"Well, has the one figured out that's Caleb's in your basement?" Aria asked the blonde. 
"no, but "A" has." 

"what are you going to do?" Emily asked. 
"i'm going to tell my mom before "A" gets to her. I'm just gonna ask her if Caleb can stay in the guest room."
"Hey there." Mona greeted walking over. 
"hanna and her clanna!" she exclaimed. 
"hey, Mona. How'd it go in there?" Hanna wondered. 
"Honestly, I nailed it. It was epic. I think Mr. Fitz cried." 

"Good for you Mona. I guess the rest of us should go home." Spencer added. 
"No! There are no small parts, only parts that don't make it into the yearbook. Good luck." she smiled as Mona walked away. 

"Why don't you audition?" Spencer asked Aria. "you kind of have an in with the director." 
"stop." Aria warned.
"is he wearing the tie you gave him?" Hanna asked. 
"Stop." Aria pleaded in a low whisper. 
"it would be so awesome to hang out with you two after school, see you as a couple." spencer pointed out. 
"new's flash. just cause we're on this side of the building doesn't mean that we can suddenly light candles and slow dance."

Valerie leaned over to Spencer and gushed. 
"Hello Aria." she said in a deep voice grabbing Spencer's hand. 
"Hello Ezra." Spencer mimicked as Emily and Hanna chuckled at them. 

"It's not like we'll ever be able to go on a double date with you guys." Emily pointed out. 
"Yeah, you wont even send us pictures." 
"pictures? Hanna we meet at his apartment. It's not Sea World." Aria sighed. 
"We're just saying it'd be nice." Emily said. 
"Believe me, I know. Wish I could. But I can't." she looked down at the script pausing. "um, where's your other scene?" 

Jenna walked into the room. "is mr. fitz in the auditorium?" she announced Ezra approached her, "uh, i'm uh, right here Jenna." 
"What can I do for you?" he asked. 
"I don't know if you're interested, but I would like to compose some music for the play." Jenna offered. 
"Sure. that'd be great. for the flute?" 
"yes. is there a reason you picked the bad seed? it's one of my favorites. the themes is so inspiring." 
"inspiring?" Ezra asked. 
"i'm fascinated by the nature of evil." 
~~
Emily, Spencer and Valerie sat at the table as Emily spoke up. 
"that's awesome, that's the part you really wanted, right?" 
"yeah it's pretty cool." Spencer grins as they all chuckle lightly Emily's phone rings with Page's name on it she grabs it and holds it while it rings. 

"if you guys are all involved, maybe I should do props or something." 
"yeah definitely, I can help you get on the team or something." Valerie offered. 

"sounds great." Emily smiled. 
"why is paige mccullers calling? is she still torturing you?"
"no she's, we're cool now." 
"really what brought you closer, her trying to drown you?" Valerie retorted. 
"she's got a cousin in the military, and she anxious about it." Emily paused turning towards Spencer. "did you and Toby figure out the braille thing yet, what 214 means?" 
Spencer shook her head. 
"you haven't given up, have you?"

"definitely not. we're still working on it. I'm supposed to drop off his French book after school so.. unless you'd like to do it? you haven't see him in a while he's been asking about you." Spencer told Valerie who raised an eyebrow before sighing. 

"I can't. Jason's driving into town again to see me."
"I don't understand, he sees you almost every day why doesn't he move back home?"
"because he doesn't feel like it's home yet, he feels... trapped. he wants to come home for a reason." 
Spencer nodded. 
"Listen I got to go get ready for the date. I do have an suggestion if I may offer." 
Spencer raised an eyebrow at her to continue. 
"try a hotel room. every single horror movie I've ever wanted occurs in some sort of hotel/motel. the killer has to have a cave or meeting point to conclude their interactions with their suspects." 
the girls stared at her. 

"it's official, you've watched too much criminal shows." Emily shook her head bewildered.
"I find this stuff interesting." she paused furrowing her eyebrows together. "but then again, it's all fun and games until your living in it and you get hit by ghost face!" she exclaimed causing them to jump she smirked. 

"i'll see you guys later! good luck!" 
"bye. have fun on your date!" Spencer called back, the two girls exchanged looks at Valerie walked away. 
"we need to get that girl to stop watching horror films." Emily shook her head. 
~~

with the help of Hanna and Aria she got dressed in a nice velvet red dress that split in two showing her belly and was tightly held on her curves. 

and headed out the door. 

she climbed into Jason's car and smiled at him kissing his lips gently. 
"you look beautiful."
"you look handsome." 

she admired him in his tux. she felt nervous, this was their first real date in the past few years of being on and off together. they drove for a while until they reached the beach, far from rosewood. Valerie's safe place. he had laid out a beautiful set up with food and drinks. as the waves hit against the sand the two laid together enjoying the soft breeze. 

"I love you." Jason blurted out causing Valerie to look up at him. 
"I may not be back for a while." he paused. "but I wanted you to know, that I won't ever cheat on you again. I won't screw up a third time, your possibly the only person in this world that still understands, and cares about me and i'm not losing that, not again. those few years of not knowing where you were made me want to lose my mind. you are the reason i'm still sane. and I need you, and whether i'm physically with you or not. I'll be with you from dusk till dawn." he spoke softly staring into Valerie's concentrated eyes she leaned in and kissed him passionately. 

the two kissed each other with love and determination. 

as everything around them slowly disappeared. 

no more a. 

no more parent troubles.

 no more accidents. 

it was just them. 

as cliche as it sounds, that's all Valerie ever wanted. 

and even if Valerie didn't know this, that's all Jason ever wanted too. 

the two laid together, breathing in sync as the sun set. their bare bodies creating warmth between them. it was perfect. too perfect. 

"I didn't say it back." Valerie interrupted Jason looked down at the beautiful girl laying in his arms. 

"I know and you don't have too. I just had to tell you." 

Valerie's phone however was blowing up. 

Call me. - Spencer. 
You missed rehearsal where were you? -Aria. 

Ian's acting suspicious -Emily

call us! -Hanna. 

I guess liking people older than you just runs in the family -A. 

*insert picture.*
~~
"Why can't we just stay here forever?" Valerie hummed as Jason packed the items in the trunk. 

"because your parents would call the cops." Jason stated bluntly.
"right." Valerie mumbled, she flicked on her phone to see the messages she squinted her eyebrows hitting Aria's phone number. 
"Valerie! where were you?" Aria's hushed voice rambled. 

"I'm with Jason. we fell asleep on the beach and-"
"I had to lie to mom and dad about where you were just so they wouldn't call the cops. mike however was not convinced and barely slept a wink last night! let alone has been looking out all day. it's saturday we have rehearsal. get here soon!" 
"i'm props designer Aria, I doubt no one will miss me." 
Aria sighed, "I will. I had a slip up with Ezra and we are in a rough place. just please come on safe, I miss you." 

"I will. I promise, as soon as possible. tell the girls i'm okay. I'm stopping by Toby's on the way to school though." 
"okay fine. but be quick! love you!" 
"love you too." 

As Valerie climbed into the car, Jason looked at her with a confused look. 
"toby's really?"
"they dropped the charges and your still not convinced? he's a good guy jay. I promise."
"I trust you, but if he ever hurts you-"
Valerie grabbed his hands. "I'll be okay." 

Jason nodded and looked back and the road before pulling out of their spot and taking off.