run (part two)

"I

"I... I remember bits and pieces. But I'm not sure what's real and what I've made up." Spencer stuttered out
"I was pushing all summer for you to tell Melissa about Ian because I wanted to break them up. I thought that Ian actually liked me and that Melissa was in the way." Ali added
"And we got in a fight in the kitchen. And it got ugly."
"It was like you bottled up every fight we ever had and popped your top that night."

"I thought that you were still threatening me. I told you I would tell Melissa the truth."
"And I told you to forget it, but you were holding on to it like a dog with a bone."

"Hey, this conversation isn't over!" Spencer said.
"It is over, Spencer. And so are we." Ali said.
"Don't you walk away from me. Damn it, Alison. I said, stop!"
"You're way out of your league, Spencer."
"Am I? You sure about that?"
"Why don't you put that thing down before you hurt yourself?"

Alison grabbed the pills off the ground looking at spencer confused.

"Are you speeding?"

"When I saw the pills, I put it together. You weren't asleep because you were wired."

"Spencer. Spencer! Spencer... Spencer, wait! What?!"
"Please don't tell anybody. Please look, I'll do anything, ok. I'll get down on my hands and knees. I'll beg you if that's what you want me to. Please!"
"Stop. Spencer, look at me. Don't take any more of these tonight, OK? And never take them with alcohol."
"If my parents find out..."
"They won't. It'll be our secret."
"Thank you."
"That's what friends are for. Go back and just sleep it off, ok?"

"And after that there was just one more person I needed to see. Your dad, Aria, Valerie."

" You know how much it will hurt the girls if you make that call. I don't think that you're that horrible of a person. "
"Well, then you clearly don't know me that well."

"I didn't think Byron was "A." But I needed him to know that I had the tapes. Then I went back to the barn and waited for another text. Nothing came. I went home thinking I won. I silenced "A." It wasn't you, Spencer. You were sound asleep when I left the barn."

"Yeah, but... That doesn't mean I didn't hurt the other girl."
"You're not listening, Spence. You went back to sleep." Aria said
"I didn't do it." Spencer cried as Emily comforted her.

"But your mom saw who did." Emily asked.
"Why didn't she tell the police?" Hanna added.
"I could hear her talking to someone. She thought I was dead. I was trying to tell her I was alive. I was screaming. "Can't you see me? Can't you see me breathing? Look at me!" But the words didn't come out. I couldn't move." Ali cried as Valerie grabbed her hand tears streaming down her face.
"Ali, we're here for you." Valerie said.
"All right, we're all here for you." Aria added. "And we always have been. You should have told us. You didn't have to keep this a secret." Emily said.

"God, I can't believe your mom buried you alive." Hanna said
"Are you sure she thought you were dead?"
"She was hysterical. She kept saying the same thing, over and over again. "What have you done? What have you done?"" Ali said

"Who was she talking to?" emily asked

" The person she's still protecting. That's why she was pointing the finger at me because she's still covering for somebody." Spencer said
"Yeah, but who?" Valerie asked.

"Was Mrs. Grunwald telling the truth when she said she pulled you out of there?" Emily wondered.
"She took me to the hospital. I was so scared, so I ran. I didn't know where I was going. I just knew I had to go."

"Alison? Oh, my God. Are you OK?" Mona asked
"I still can't believe somebody tried to kill you." Mona said giving Ali a wet cloth wiping her down.
"Nobody followed us, right? They can't know that we're here." Ali said.
"I registered with the name you told me to use. Vivian Darkbloom. I'm scared for you, Alison."
"I'm scared for me, too."
"If this "A" person who's after you was willing to bash your head in, what's stopping them from trying again?"
"Nothing."
"Maybe you should die."
"What?"
"Let "A" think you're dead."

"How do I do that?"
"You disappear. You should rest. Come on. I got you. There you go. Shhhh. Everything's going to work out exactly the way it's supposed to. You'll see. I'll take care of you." Mona hummed tucking her into bed.

"Did I get everything you need? Ali?" Mona asked
"You saved my life, Mona. I don't know how I can thank you."
"Thank me by staying gone. And staying safe."
"Come here. Look at yourself. Ditch the glasses and the barrettes. Have Kim at The Salon do your hair and ask for Cindy at the make-up counter. Buy everything she tells you to and never go to school without your face on. Now, burn those knee socks, tell Mandi at The Boutique that Vivian sent you. You don't have to be a loser, Mona."
"Thanks, Ali."

"Mona played me like a fool. And she got exactly what she wanted." Alison said.
"I don't think we're going to figure this out tonight. But you shouldn't leave, Ali." Spencer said.
"We know everything now. We can protect you." Emily added.
"We know everything except who "A" is."
"But if the six of us... if we stick together..." Aria trailed off.
"I can't go back until I figure out why my mom was willing to do that to me."

"Ali, come on, you can't leave." Hanna said. "Don't you want to come home?"
"It was surprisingly easy for me to stay gone. Until you got hurt, Hanna. God, I was so scared that you were going to die. It was worth the risk. When I saw you in the hospital... When I saw what Mona did to you... I decided to stop running. I tried to keep one step ahead of "A," and I did everything I could to keep you safe."

"Please. If you love my sister you won't do this." Spencer pleaded to Ian on the clock tower.
"I'm doing it because I love her."
"What are you doing here?" Ian asked turning around to see Ali before she pushed him off.

"Ian wasn't dead. I was waiting in the back and I saw him."
"Were you at the Lodge the night of the fire?" Hanna asked.
"I helped you, Hanna. By the time I got there, the rest of you were already safe."
"Did you see who pulled us out?"

There was a loud bang.
"Guys, I think someone's out there." Ali turned off the lights.
"Is that Noel?"

The glass shattered before them and A appeared dressed in his normal black hood.

"Ali, run! Go!" Emily shouted as they pushed back running away.
"Oh, my God!"
"Lock the door!"
"Call 911!" Ali cried.
"Noel has our phones!" Emily added as A shot a gun and they screamed.
"Fire escape! Fire escape!"
"Hurry! Get out of here."
"Oh, my God!"
"He's right behind us! Hurry!"
"It's locked! There's no way out of here"
" Do you think we can make it?" Emily asked looking at the next building over.
"No!" we all exclaimed.
"Ezra?" Aria asked approaching him.
"Hey, hey! Hey." Ezra said. "Look, I know who you are. And the police are on their way."
"Ezra!" Aria cried.
"Take off your mask! Now!" Hanna shouted grabbing the gun and pointing it at A.
"Take it off!" Aria demanded as A jumped from the roof to the next hanging on.
"No!" they all shouted.
"There's no way that's your mom." Valerie said.

"Ezra?" Aria asked Ezra who was looking out towards the view.
"It's so beautiful." Ezra commented.
"No! No..." Aria cried.
" Oh, my God. Oh, my... Oh, my God!" the girls called.
"Ezra!" Valerie cried rushing over to help her sister lower him.
"I'm sorry..." Ezra shushed.
"Shhh. Don't. You stay awake, do you hear me? Don't you dare close your eyes! No, please! Ezra!" Aria sobbed
"Somebody call for help!" Valerie shouted panicking.