Noel Kahn

As the girls sat in Hanna's room at the Rosewood hospital Aria spoke up

"Does it hurt?" Aria wondered concerned. Valerie shot her sister a duh look which Aria brushed off.
"yeah, kind of." Hanna responded as she sat up straighter to observe her friends.

"Do you remember what happened?" Spencer asked.
"Uh yeah, I remember." Hanna's voice turned to an awkward state. "um, mom, you've been here the whole time, do you wanna take a break?"
"are you sure?" Ashley questioned uncertain.
"yeah."
"i'll be back in a couple of hours." Ashley announced grabbing her bag and walking away as Aria got up closing the door behind her.
"Noel Kahn is A." Hanna told her friends.

"What? Are you serious?" Emily added confused.
"Yeah I saw him in the woods, and he left an A message." Hanna elaborated.
"you saw him leave a message?" Valerie spoke up bewildered.
"he wrote something on the back of a car window." Hanna continued.
"what car? what did he write?" Emily questioned.

Hanna looked at Aria causing Valerie to turn towards her sister.
"I see you." Aria repeated to message.

"how do you know?" Spencer asked.
"I was in the car." Aria shrugged.
"whose car was it?"
Aria paused exchanged looks with Valerie, who nodded in reassurance.

"Ezra Fitz." Aria explained.
"Mr. Fitz?" Spencer wondered.
Aria looked away and awkwardly nodded.
"Aria." Emily pushed confused.
"hanna?" Spencer asked for clarification.

"it was Mr. Fitz."
"you and Mr. fitz?" Emily asked.

"did you know about this?" Spencer asked Valerie.
"yes. I didn't know about her getting into a car but well--"
"I couldn't tell, I couldn't tell you guys, I promised Ezra." Aria told them.
"Ezra?" Spencer repeated shocked.
"What do you expect her to call him when they were going out? Mr. Fitz?" Valerie retorted.

"whoa hold it, this is something that's been going on?" Spencer collected.
"you and a teacher?" Spencer asked.

"I didn't just get into his car last night, who do you think I am?" Aria shot back.
"how long have you been seeing him?" Emily questioned.

"um." aria shrugged. "since right before schools started."
"oh my god, since labor day?" spencer pointed out as Aria nodded.

"okay so you don't have a boyfriend in Iceland?" Hanna interrogated.
"No I did. But yeah it's not like that."
"you were seeing a teacher when I fixed you up with Noel?" Hanna urged.

Aria looked away and nodded.
"oh my god, I fixed you up with Noel."

Valerie noticed the awkward state Aria was in and turned to Hanna.
"What exactly did you see?" Valerie asked.
"well I saw aria go into a parked car, and then I saw someone in a black hoodie write something on the back of the car window, and when he turned around it was Noel."
"no it can't be Noel." Aria shook her head.

"Aria she saw Noel, it has to be Noel, I've never know Hanna not to lie before and I think we should trust her, plus it's the one lead we have towards who A actually is." Valerie told her sister.

There was a knock on the door alerting the girls.
"if that's someone with painkillers, just let them in."
Aria opens the door coming to a stop.
"Noel."
"I just heard about Hanna, thought I'd try to visit."
"Just" Valerie scoffed, Emily and Spencer shot her a look causing her to slide in her seat.
"She just fell asleep, we're getting ready to leave."

Aria stares at them before stepping outside and closing the door behind her.

"Okay I can't be the only one who just got chills." Valerie pointed out shivering slightly, her phone went off from across the room.
"Hey Spence can you see who that is?"
"yeah sure."
"it's Jason."
"why is Jason calling you?" Emily asked as Valerie got up grabbing the phone from spencer she ended the call.
"no reason."

He called again.
"it seems urgent." Hanna pointed out.
"Go ahead, answer it." Spencer ushered. Valerie let out a fake smile before picking up the phone.

"This better be important." Valerie muttered the girls exchanged glances as she turned around.

"I want to see you."
"are you drunk?" Valerie asked.
"drunk on you." he slurred, Valerie rolled her eyes.
"call me when your sober." she hissed hanging up the phone.

"What was that about?" Hanna asked.
"drunk dial." Valerie shrugged, Spencer raised an eyebrow as she sat back down.
~~
flashback
"Ian have you see Jason anywhere?" Valerie asked after she pushed through the crowd.
"Isn't it a little past your bed time." he cooed.

Valerie rolled her eyes annoyed, "Answer the question asshole."
Ian scoffed. "oh i'm sorry, your little boyfriend isn't around to protect you from the big bad wolves." he chuckled, Valerie could smell the alcohol coursing from his breath as the music played around him.
"your not cool Ian, whatever you may think, I don't know why girls even like you."
"it's called having sex with me."
Valerie shot back, "well I'm glad I never did."
Turning around Ian grabbed her wrist roughly, leaving red marks on her wrist.
"Let go of me."
"or what?"
He smirked looking her up and down, "nice rack Valerie."
"say that again."
"nice rack Valerie." he slowed down, Valerie ripped her hands from his grasp grabbing onto his shoulders and shoved her knee into his area.

Letting out a groan he bent down as the boys around him whistled, she stalked off upstairs.
"Jason?" she called out looking through the rooms, she swung open one door to see someone making out.
"hey!" the man called out
"oh sorry." she quickly closed it before carrying on.

Opening the next door, Jason climbed off the blonde as she fixed her dress, Valerie stared at him.
"you've got to be kidding me." Valerie mumbled turning around and walking off.

"Valerie, Val!" Jason called out chasing after her pushing through the crowds as she emerged outside he trailed behind her.
"Valerie!" he grabbed her wrist softly causing her to stop.
"Valerie what happened?" he asked observing her wrist.
"It doesn't matter." she muttered pulling away from his grasp.

"you invite me to the party, and hook up with a blonde leaving me out to dry. None of this matters okay! You cheated on me and we are over."
"Valerie that blonde meant nothing to me-"
"she obviously meant something, enough to get on top of her, and kiss her!" she exclaimed.
"Valerie please-" Jason pushed taking a step closer as she took a step back.

"Allison was right, you're no good we shouldn't be together anymore so just leave me alone please."
"something happened didn't it?"
"yes! you cheated on me."
"other than that something with Ian."
"it was nothing."
"elaborate."
"he tried to have sex with me and he cat called me, it's no deal I'm used to it around your friends." she glared at him.
"but now I won't have to worry about it." she finished.

"goodbye Jason."
[end of flashback]
~~
"Val?" Spencer wondered shaking the brunette.
"it's time to go." she announced once she snapped out of her daydream.
"oh." Valerie nodded standing up. "I'll see you later Han, get well soon." Valerie hugged her friend lightly before the duo left.

"Are you okay? you seem out of it."
"i'm fine."
"something happened between you and Jason didn't it?"
"you are the smart one aren't you?" Valerie chuckled lightly.
"we used to see each other, then he cheated on me and now... it's complicated."
"did Ali know?"
"she caught us, she didn't like it."
"so that's why you two always had tension."
Valerie nodded.
"I loved him Spence, and now i'm afraid he's gone forever."

Spencer's face softened. "talk to him. that's the best you can do now, give him a reason to come back to rosewood. If anyone can do that it's you."