She's back // Part three.

Valerie walked down the hallways to see a few cops looking in Toby's locker, spotting Emily and Spencer with Jason, she headed over to them

"What are they doing?" She asked the girls.
"That's Toby's locker." Emily pointed out, Spencer watched as Jason walked towards Detective Wilden.
"Detective Wilden." he said grabbing the detective's attention. We walked slowly behind him.
"Ah, You'll find this interesting. We're having a look in Toby Cavanaugh's locker."

"Why? Do you think he's hiding in there?" Valerie asked sarcastically next to Jason watching him unfold a piece of paper. Jason looked at the girl next to him briefly then back at the cop which caused Emily and Spence exchanged confused looks.

"He's a suspect." Wilden told me,
"Your investigation better turn up more than Toby Cavanaugh's old gym socks." Jason said.
"You made it clear you were not happy with the pace of the investigation. You said you wanted action. I'm trying to give that to you." Wilden told Jason.

"Yeah, you've got nothing. I realized that yesterday." Jason replied.
"Sometimes, Jason, we withhold information on the progress of an investigation to avoid any interruptions." Wilden tells him.
"The only reason you're tearing this kid's locker apart is because he's not around to object."
"Toby called your sister's cell phone the night she disappeared. I checked the phone records. She took the call."
"Toby called Alison the night she died?" Emily asked.
"He did. Or somebody else did using his phone." Wilden says Valerie exchanges looks with the girls.

Valerie sat on the couch, her sister wasn't home she was out with Noel and Hanna so she had no one to hang out with so she wrote.
Soon enough the writing took over and she couldn't control it, a light smile appeared on her face until she heard the door ring. She scrunched her eyebrow's in confusion and stood up putting her journal next to her and walking over she opened the door to reveal Jason.

"Jason what are you doing here?" Valerie asked as she looked behind her before stepping outside closing the door behind her.
"We need to talk, about earlier in the car."
"Jay..." Valerie started with a sigh.
"I was drunk and high, That blonde meant nothing to me." Valerie looked anywhere but Jason's eyes.

"We can't be together Jason, As much I want to, we just can't."
"Give me three good reason's and I'll leave you alone forever." he said taking a step closer hands in his pockets.
"You're my best friends brother." Valerie stated he took another step, making her breath hitch.
"Ali could never keep me from you to begin with and she's dead." he told the brunette standing in front of him.

"You're going to be gone for a while pretty soon." Valerie told him
"We will get through it." he assured her stepping even closer so that their bodies were touching. Valerie couldn't find her words, she couldn't even find another reason but she knew this was wrong.

But she couldn't help it.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Jason leaned down and Valerie closed the gap between them.

It was like a spark brought them together.

It was a perfect moment until her phone went off, she tried to ignore it however they pulled apart when there was a call.

Valerie pulled it out of her pocket and read it, 10 missed calls 15 missed texts.

Spencer-

Where are you? Why didn't you come to my s.o.s?

Aria-

Where are you?

Hanna-

Spencer's now. Ali tried to pin the Jenna thing on Spence.

Valerie's eyes looked up from her phone to Jason's eyes who was watching her.
"Do you need to get that?" He asked.
Valerie sent a small smile and said, "Yeah. I do. One moment."
She let out some air and started to type,

To: Spencer.

I'm with Jason, do you want me to come over now?

Sent.

Spencer-

Why are you with Jason?

She gulped if she told her about them she would tell the girls, and she just can't. Not now. Aria pulled up in her car, they exchanged looks.
"Your sister is home," Jason said awkwardly.
"Yeah, uh we can go inside if you want." He smiled down at the girl
"I would like that," Ignoring her sister's confused looks Valerie opened the door and went in, Jason following close after making their way quickly up the stairs she checked to see if Aria followed them and closed the door.

"So.. I haven't been in here for a while." he smirked.
"Jason, my sister's here don't get any ideas."
"Too late," he said before crashing his lips into Valerie's letting her fingers run through his hair he pulled her closer.
"I missed this," he breathed through the kiss.
"I missed you,' he added.

"I missed you too." Valerie admitted. Jason lifted Valerie onto the desk, in a flow like he's done it a million time's before. Moments later she heard a crash sound from outside her door.

"Shit," she heard Aria mumble Valerie pulled away confused and went to the door opening it to see her sister picking a book off the floor.
"What happened?" Jason asked.

"I- uh, just dropped a book on my toe." she explained. Jason chuckled at this briefly before informing the girls, "I have to get home." and then the man walked downstairs and out the door after saying his quick yet subtle departing.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Aria asked.
"What was what?" Valerie played dumb walking back into her room.
"You and Jason, unless you have a plan of sleeping with the enemy-"
"-Jason is not the enemy." Valerie cut her sister off.
"Okay, maybe not but he's dangerous okay? He was high and drunk all of the summer Ali went missing."

"He never did any drugs around me."
Aria huffed, "I just don't want you to get hurt."
"I really like him Aria," Aria raised an eyebrow as an any search of lying written on her sister's face but found nothing sighing in defeat she gripped the book in her hands and spoke, "Okay, i'll support you."

She said this for two reason's because these two siblings always supported each other in everything. And if there is anyway that she's going to accept her and Ezra together Aria would need to agree to Valerie and Jason being a couple.

"Thanks, sis." Valerie smiled, she paused "How was Noel Khan?"
"I don't think it's going to work out." Aria told her truthfully. "I just like someone else," she adds on.
"Really?" Valerie asked surprised.
"Why didn't you tell me?"

"oh, like you told me about you and Jason?" Aria raised an eyebrow Valerie knew her sister had a point,
"Fair enough, now who is it?" she asked eagerly.
Aria's face fell, "I-I can't tell."
"Aria you can trust me, I won't tell anyone." she grabbed her sisters free hand in reassurance.

"Not even the girls?" Aria asked.
"As long as you don't tell them about me and Jason,"
"I won't." Aria said truthfully.
Valerie held on her pinky finger and questioned
"Promise?"
Aria smiled and latched her finger with her sisters, "Promise."

Sighing the two dropped their hands and Aria pulled her sister into her room.
"Okay.." Valerie encouraged her to spill, as she sat on the bed.
"I'm seeing Ezra."
"Ezra? That's a pretty name I like that nam--"
Aria cut her sister off,
"--Fitz, Ezra Fitz."