bad guy

Valerie let the front door shut behind her later that night as she entered her house

Valerie let the front door shut behind her later that night as she entered her house. she walked carefully up the stairs trying to avoid every step towards her room that creaked afraid to wake up a single member of her family.

"you shouldn't be out this late at night." a familiar voice sounded behind her causing the brown haired beauty to turn around.

Valerie observed the young woman with golden blonde hair, bright blue eyes that leaned against a wall in her hallway.
"Ali?" Valerie asked dumbfounded.
"did you miss me?" she wondered with a sly smirk. Valerie stood there awestruck this couldn't possibly be real. Ali is dead.

"am I?" Ali asked.
"you are, it's all over the news. we had a funeral-"
"which you didn't even go to. i'm hurt." she gasped.
"leave me alone, your not real." Valerie shook her head walking to her room. it was for sure, she was going completely insane.

"if i'm not real, how come are you talking to me?" Ali asked. Valerie turned around from shutting her bedroom door to see the blonde hair girl sitting on her bed.
"listen if you don't get out of here right now-"
"-I knew you two would last." Ali hummed as she pushed herself up and made her way around the room. "Jason was never one to believe in commitment..."
"your wrong."
"god, you are so stubborn! Jason will never come back for you! I suggest you move on.. unless.. you don't want to."

Valerie stared at her friend, her mind running with thoughts. Ali smirked.
"I thought so. You deserve so much better than my brother Val."
"you don't know what I deserve." Valerie hissed.
"now, now. No need to talk to me like that, i'm only trying to help."
"well your not, so I suggest you get out. Now." Valerie demanded.

"you're just as feisty as I remember, I like it. You should tell the girls about Ian, see how they feel about you then."
Valerie glared at the blonde before continuing, "nothing happened between Ian and I, and you know it. he tried to have sex with me and I pushed him off."
"awe, poor Valerie always the victim just like what really happened the night I caught you and Jason kissing you didn't want to kiss him. you never want to kiss him."
"your wrong." she repeated.

"god just admit it Valerie! your not as attracted to him as you thought!"
"No."
"No you are attracted to him? or no you won't addmit it."
"you need to leave right now."
"no matter how many times-"
"Get out." Valerie started, Ali stared at her.
"GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!" Valerie shouted, once she opened her eyes, Ali was gone.

there was a knock on the door.

"you've got to be fucking kidding me."
Valerie opened the door to see Aria standing there.
"are you okay?" Aria asked peering behind her to see no one in the room.

"i'm fine. don't worry about me. goodnight."
"but-"
Valerie shut the door on Aria and exhaled, feeling a small smirk pull at her lips she was alone.
~~
The girls were downstairs in the hastings household watching a video of Alison.
"If the girls knew I was seeing, oh my god, they'd never shut up about it. I wish they were more mature, but we don't have a lot of time. I have to get back before they wake up. I know you wanna kiss me." Alison spoke clearly.
"she doesn't even look scared." Spencer pointed out.
"Did Alison ever look scared?" Hanna questioned.

Alison stands up and grabs the camera facing it to Ian.
"Come closer." Ian tells her. Alison goes closer and Ian grabs the camera making it fall on the ground, the girls hear noises from the background they hear Alison groan and she falls down. Her hand comes into view of the camera and she squeezes her fist in the ground while gathering up dirt.
"he pushed her, didn't he?" Aria asked as Alison's hand stops moving.
"All that mumbling and groaning, maybe she was gripping the ground because she was..." Hanna trailed off.

"looking for a weapon to defend herself?"
"why are you snapping at me? I'm just trying to give your creepy brother an out." Hanna spoke annoyed.
"in-law." Spencer corrected. "okay? Ian is my creepy brother in-law."

Valerie paused the video as her phone went off.

tell them, or I will. -A.

This wasn't the first threat since she had her visit from 'Ali' the other night. Since then she's been avoiding it.
"listen. guys." Valerie spoke softly.
"this definitely proves he was with her the night she died." Emily pointed out.
"can we just-" Valerie added.
"Watch this video one more time and figure out what they're saying?"
"no, please. I can't watch this again."

Hanna looks at her annoyed while Emily turns.
"Yeah Em's right. Let's just give it a rest."
The video is paused again on Ian's face while Emily, Aria and Hanna go over to the couch.

"is anybody else freezing?" Emily asked as Valerie stared at Ian's face.

"hey are you okay?" Ian's voice snapped her out of reality. Valerie looked at him and then at the girls who were watching her and the computer, Valerie shut the laptop casually and nodded.
"I-I'm fine."
"you don't seem fine."
"i'm fine. thanks." Valerie forced out a small smile.
"god, that was close. Spencer, how can you even sleep here knowing that he's living in your backyard?" Aria asked once Ian left.
"we have to give that tape to the police tonight." Emily tells them.
"And when they ask us where we got it?" Spencer wondered.
"Forgot the salt." Ian announced walking inside, Valerie turned around and placed the notepad that was nearby on Spencer's laptop. Ian looks back at them before walking out once again. Valerie let out a sigh of relief before turning to the girls.

"I need to tell you guys something. and it's important before someone else does."
"someone else? you mean a." Emily elaborated.
"It's about Ian." Valerie stated, Spencer got up and closed the backdoor and Valerie sat down and explained everything.

"so for all we know the same thing could have been happening with Ali?" Aria asked.

"no, I don't think so. Like Hanna said she didn't look scared, Ian terrifies me and when I went to see Toby last night-"
"-wait you did what?" Aria cut her off.

"it doesn't matter okay." Valerie sighed.
"all I'm saying is Ian scares me more than Toby does. We screwed over Toby once before, and I don't want to do it again."

"but what if he actually is the murder?" Hanna questioned.
"I'll talk to him. figure it out. I promise."
"I don't want you around him." Aria protested.

"i'll be fine, I can protect myself."
"does Jason know?" Spencer asked.
"no, but Ali did. and she always threatened me with it."
"you have to tell him." Emily suggested.

"I can't."
"he can help, if you get him back to rosewood."
"look, you can get him back okay? with your charm and looks you can." Hanna nodded.
"Are we forgetting Ian and Jason were friends?" Spencer commented. "he'd never turn him in."
"she's got a point."
"we will just have to take a risk then."