Chapter 1

Lisa's been exhausted after acting the whole day doing action stunts from their upcoming movie, Undercover Agents.

On the way to the parking area, she received a call from her father.

"Hello?"

"I've called to inform you about the banquet. Make sure to go here!" The irritated voice of her father came from the phone. Despite the harshness of his tone, Lisa's already used to hearing such a tone so it did not matter to her anymore.

"I'll be there," replied Lisa with a calm demeanor.

"Good. Don't you be late! And don't make any trouble, you got me?"

Despite her father's indifference towards her, she still looked rather calm and replied, "I won't." After that, she hung up without even waiting for her father's reply.

Kim Heesung, who got hanged by his eldest daughter, felt angrier and spat, "That ungrateful brat!"

Hearing this, Chou Hara and Kim Tzuyu both felt happy inside while "comforting" the old man. Tzuyu was even more satisfied upon hearing her father curse Lisa as though they were not blood-related at all.

"Don't be angry, Dad. I know my sister won't cause you any trouble." Her words were comforting him and at the same time, it appeared as though she was defending and speaking up for her dear sister.

Heesung inhaled sharply. He looked at his daughter by his side who was gently patting his back. He had always hated the girl ever since she was born. He believed that Lisa was the reason why his beloved wife died. It was her fault that she was born.

Lee Hyeorin--his wife, had a problem carrying a child in her womb. They knew of that when Lisa was still two months old inside his wife's womb. His wife loved children so much so she was so delighted upon hearing the news of her being pregnant. But then, that happiness did not last long when the news of her in danger. His wife almost had a miscarriage. The doctor had even prescribed them to just remove the baby--abortion, as it is dangerous for his wife but she insisted on giving birth to her first baby.

But then, an incident brought her life at stake. She suddenly started bleeding. As a result, Hyeorin had to give birth two months ahead of her supposed due date.

The same day Lisa was born was also the day he had lost the love of his life. That made it painful for him to look at the baby. And he always blamed the innocent child for what happened.

That was why, growing up, Lisa never received the love from what she was supposed to get from a father. He threw nannies to take care of her, and gave her food and shelter but, never the love.

Until years later after his mourning towards his wife he finally let her go. He found another mistress to love and it was when the mother and daughter came into the scene.

"We should get going now. We can't bear to go there late." Hara reminded them in the two nodded in agreement. In an instant, Heesung's mood became lighter than earlier.

Meanwhile, on the way to the mansion, an accident happened right before Lisa's eyes. She widened her eyes in shock and instantly turned the gear towards the other side of the road to avoid clashing with the black BMW that almost crashed against hers.

A screeching sound followed by a loud crashing sound was what she heard soon after in the dark alleyway.

Her heart was beating so fast and her complexion looked pale, she was mortified.