Chapter 37

"Yes, eonnie," Lisa answered. She's currently talking to her cousin, Jennie. Apparently, the woman called to inform her that their grandfather can now go home since his health is getting better.

"How are you now? I heard of the scandal that bitch started. It must have been hard for her to swallow the poison she made," Jennie stated before leaning her back on the couch. She, of course, saw the news regarding the footage. It seems that that scorned bitch is famous seeing that she made various headlines in the whole South Korea. However, it's saddening that the reputation she built is now crashing down bit by bit thanks to her stupidity.

She smiled and fixed her posture before saying, "I'm very well, eonnie."

"Hmm. It seems that she is slowly showing her true colors to the public. Such a hypocrite lowly bitch," the latter rolled her eyes while she roughly cursed the woman who dared to abuse her cousin.

"I agree. She's really a bitch." That made Jennie laugh. Great minds think alike.

"Well, what are you planning to do next? You've been acting lowkey all this while. I've never heard any actions from you," Jennie pondered. True to this, she's been waiting to see Lisa's next move. However, she hasn't heard of her cousin's plans since the issue erupted. "Don't tell me you'll just sit around and do nothing while that piece of shit drags your name down?"

"Who says I will let her? I'm not dumb. I have my pawns too. It's just that, I know how to handle everything well. Unlike her, I know when to attack."

True to this, Kim Lisa might have been lenient to them for so many years does not mean she would be lenient for the rest of her life. Sooner or later, they will receive the punishment they deserve.

Not the likes of them can drag her down this time. They can do all they want now but they will be facing their fall soon enough.

The old soft Kim Lisa is here still. However, the Kim Lisa now is just the upgraded version. The fiercer, colder, and unbothered version of herself. A version that she built to protect herself from any more heartbreaks. The wall of personality that she is using to keep her real emotions away from everyone else.

She did that because of them.

Jennie, although happy that her cousin is now standing up for herself, is also saddened by the fact that Lisa had to change to cover herself from more pain. Kim Lisa before is a little girl who always makes everyone around her happy with the sound of her joyous laugh. She has this lively and bubbly personality that never fails to make everyone smile because of how adorable she is. To think that they destroyed Lisa makes her blood boil.

"How are you?"

"I am fine. I just told you that earlier, eonnie." Lisa answered while chuckling a little.

"I mean you. The real you," the woman said which silenced the younger on the other line. It seems that she just hit a sore spot.

Lisa couldn't utter a single word after that. She knew what the older meant by her question. She was asking about Lisa who is unguarded.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" Jennie repeated.

"I don't know." She repeated in a firm tone. The emotions that almost slipped were pulled back again. She doesn't know how and what to answer anymore.

Jennie felt her heart ache for the woman. She knew what Lisa had been through. She heard her cries and sniffles. She saw her eyes shed tears in silence. She saw the invisible mask that she tried to wear to cover up her real emotions. She knew all of it. Although she did her best to mend her brokenness, she knew she couldn't do anything because the one who kept stabbing her was the supposed family that she had.