Chapter 40

"What?!" The man scowled at the woman sitting on the couch in front of him. He could not believe he was hearing this from her.

Chou Hara smiled at him deeply. "You don't have to worry. I already arranged everything. All you have to do is pull some strings and take her in."

"I can't risk my company's reputation just to cover your daughter's scandals. Can't you see? Lee Entertainment is not just any other company that you can manipulate, Hara. What you're asking from me is completely absurd!" Lee Minjin exclaimed, looking at the woman like she had grown two horns and a tail.

He was shocked to hear that she came looking for him. She didn't expect her to show up once again and ruin his peaceful life. Who does she think she is?! Some kind of God?

"You are the CEO of this company. I'm sure pulling some strings for Tzuyu will not be a problem. Do her a favor this time," she said while she tapped her fingers on the table.

Minjin scoffed at her. He could not believe that this woman came to his company to harass and force him to take her daughter in as their artist. It's bad enough that she came here, what if someone recognized her coming in?! He couldn't risk his image all for this woman and her scandalous daughter.

"Still not willing?" Suddenly, she walked towards his side drawer and saw a picture frame placed on top of it beside the flower vases. "This is the only thing I ask you to do and yet you're not even willing to do it. After all these years?"

His face wrinkled. "What are you spouting?"

She glared at him with utmost hatred. She took ahold of the picture frame and approached his table. "Don't play dumb here, Minjin. All I'm asking is for you to take Tzuyu in and help her regain her image. She's a valuable artist who can bring you to the top. Aren't you desperate enough to kick the Golden Glory out of the throne?"

"And you think Tzuyu can do that alone? After all that scandal that almost ruined her, do you still think she's that great? Aren't you a little biased?"

"She's my flesh and blood. Who else would be biased towards her?" She pointedly stared at him shutting him off completely.

He sighed. "Just what the hell do you want from me?"

"Simple. I just want you to take Tzuyu in your company and give her resources. Help her climb to the top once again."

This woman hasn't changed at all. She's still manipulative, calculative, and cunning. No wonder she managed to be Kim Heesung's wife. With her nature, anyone dumb enough would fall into her trap.

"I'll think about it." Once again, she had managed to take control of him.

Hara smirked before banging the picture frame on his table. The glass shattered on the table which greatly satisfied Hara. "Then, I am looking forward to the contract, Minjin."

With that, the witch left him in turmoil. He was yet again pushed into her trap. But what can he do? His reputation is at stake and Hara holds the greatest pawn against him.

Chou Hara walked towards the hallway wearing her huge sunglasses to cover her face so that no one could recognize her.

An elegant woman walked across her. It was Lee Baek-ji, Minjin's wife, the sole heiress to the Lee Entertainment. She knew that because of her, Lee Minjin got ahold of the company.

She smiled at the woman before walking past through her. She walked straight to the elevator and watched the woman's back until the door closed.

Baek-ji was weirded out by the smile that the woman gave her but when she looked back, the elevator door had already closed.