Chapter 4

"I'm sorry, Lisa." The director's face was full of sympathy and guilt as he looked at her in the eyes.

She was just getting ready for the project, and spent most of the time reading her script, who would've thought that the reason why the director would suddenly call her was to tell her that she was out of the casting for the movie? The most awful part was that there was no actual reason behind the sudden change of mind.

How did this happen?

As far as she remembered, she passed the audition and even got praised by the director and the production crew.

Must be Tzuyu's doing again. Yesterday, Nayeon, her manager, informed her that her stepsister got the role of the female lead. And knowing from the hatred the latter has for her, she's most likely the person behind the shadows of her misfortune. No doubt.

"But Director Han, the production already approved of her as the second female lead. You told us she's in. What seems to have changed your mind?" Nayeon already had some guesses about the matter but she still wanted to push it out from the director to admit it himself. She wanted to hear it from their mouths.

The old director shook his head guiltily, "I'm sorry. But you see, to survive in this industry, you need someone behind you."

The two immediately understood his words. Even though she had the surname Kim, everyone knew her distant relation with her father and she never received any support from him.

Seems like she's really out this time.

Lisa smiled at the kind director and said, "Thank you, Director Han."

"With your talent, you'll be able to shine successfully in the near future." His words touched Lisa. He genuinely liked her skills in acting. She possessed such an incredible talent in acting that he knew only a few had. He believed that she was born to be a star and shine.

She nodded at him before going out of the meeting area along with her manager whose upset about the news.

Though she was upset, she knew that Director Han had no faults in it since it was the production who decided it themselves.

In the car, Nayeon glanced at her from time to time through the rear mirror. She was a little worried that she would be sad and upset by the news of her being out of the movie. Now, she hated the witch even more for how cruel she was. But then again, she knew that she couldn't do anything about it. She could only curse her in her heart.

The latter was also thinking the same. But she wasn't sad. She was fully aware that there was a huge possibility that her stepsister would do anything to suppress her in every way possible. Seems like she's a walking red flag in the eyes of Tzuyu. But she thought of it for a while as well. Maybe the role isn't really for her. Besides, there are so many movies out there that she could audition for.

Just then, a ding came from her phone.

She looked at it and her mood instantly changed.

"Lisa-ssi~ Are you free today?" A sweet, melancholic voice came from her phone that even her manager turned in her direction with a confused face.

"Uh, hello there as well, Chaeyoung-ssi." Her manager's eyes widened and the car stopped abruptly sending both their heads forward and bumping into the car drawers.

Chaeyoung, on the other line, heard the loud thud and their groans making her a bit worried. "What happened? What was that?"

Nayeon was mouthing her apologies while panicking making her laugh in the midst of her groans. The latter on the phone got even more confused and repeated her question earlier.