Chapter 18

Entering the mansion, the first thing she witnessed was the smiley faces of the people sitting on the wide sofa of the living room. There sat four people on each side: Heesung, Hara, Tzuyu, and the soon-to-be son-in-law, Sehun.

They were laughing at something Hara said which she didn't even want to hear.

Just then, she met the eyes of the said lad. His gaze faltered at the sight of the woman he was once betrothed.

"Lisa...," he uttered her name in a hushed tone. However, Tzuyu, who sat beside him heard the name and her eyes immediately glimmered with hatred. She glared at the woman standing a few meters away from them.

"Eonnie, we've been waiting for you!" Despite her hatred towards Lisa, she still held onto her façade as a pure and innocent woman. She remained seated and held on the arms of the man sitting beside her with a smile. To many, her smile can be seen as an innocent one, but not to Lisa. The mischief and mockery in that smile were clear to Lisa's keen eyes.

"This daughter of mine! We understand that your work is more important but can't you at least spare your family time to have dinner with you?" Hara stood up as she spoke. Her words were kind to the ear but it could also mislead the people into thinking that Lisa's being unfilial towards her family. "Tzuyu and I tried calling you earlier but you didn't answer any of it!"

Lisa remained calm and kept her clean composure before saying in a mild tone, "I'm sorry, Mother. Earlier on when Mrs. Ahn called me for dinner, I was in the middle of a meeting with my new company. The meeting ended quite late so I called Mrs. Ahn back and told her that I'll be later than usual." All this while, she kept her smile intact and her expression mild. It was like an illusion.

Hara froze on her spot, the smile on her face fell. Never did she expect that Lisa would expose her like this! This damned woman!

"Let's eat now. Mrs. Ahn, prepare the table." Heesung stated before heading towards the dining area followed by Sehun and Tzuyu.

Before they finally disappeared from the living room, Tzuyu glared back at Lisa.

"You bitch! Are you trying to embarrass me in front of Sehun?" Hara questioned angrily.

"I didn't. I'm merely stating facts. You brought it to yourself so why blame me?"

With that, she left her there and headed straight towards the dining area. Hara followed soon after and sat on the left side of the table beside Sehun and her daughter.

When the dishes arrived, they started to dig into their food and converse with each other.

Tzuyu glanced at her fiancée only to see him stealing glances towards Lisa. She bit her tongue angrily and cursed Lisa in her heart.

"Oppa~" she called out which brought him back to his senses. He turned towards her and saw her placing his plate some pasta. "This is one of my specialties, Spinach Pasta Frittata. I knew you like pasta and so I decided to cook it for you."

Hearing the name of the dish, Lisa couldn't help but smirk a little. What a liar wench.

Seeing the pasta on his plate, he suddenly remembered Lisa's dish which she would always cook for him whenever he visited the apartment she was staying at when they were still students. Lisa has talents for cooking especially she loves cooking pastas and that's how he came to love pastas-because of her.

"Come on, oppa. Try it and see if you like it," Tzuyu urged her fiancée to taste the pasta she cooked.

Sehun looked at her and smiled before taking the pasta into his mouth. Even the taste is the same, he thought to himself.