Chapter 41

The man placed his stethoscope on top of the old man's chest and zeroed his focus on his heartbeat. No one made a single noise as they checked up on the man. When he made sure that his heartbeat was functioning without any problems, he placed his stethoscope back on his neck and proceeded to scribble on his notes.

Two nurses came to check the dextrose and tubes attached to the old man's body while the doctor attending the old man made the right prescriptions for Kim Tae-ho's recovery.

Kim Taehyung placed his pen down before approaching the Kim trio. "Mr. Kim Tae-ho is alright now. However, we can't discharge him now since the other results are yet to be released. We expect to get the result by tomorrow morning so he will have to stay one more night here," Taehyung paused for a moment before saying, "His heart is not as strong as before due to his two cardiac arrests during the surgery so he needs to be more careful when dealing with his emotions and stress. I cannot say that he has fully recovered yet since the results are not yet out. His heart has received a lot of pressure due to his surgery so it might take a while for him to recover from this. It is also because of his old age that his recovery seems to be slower."

Lisa bit her lower lip. For it to have this effect on his health, it seems that his health is becoming weaker than before. This was not the first time he had a heart attack but this was the first time that the effects were this big. She looked at her grandfather worriedly.

"He needs rest, away from things that could trigger his heart such as work and stressful events or people," the doctor continued telling the family of the old man's condition. Then, he handed them the prescriptions that Tae-ho should take in regularly. "These are the medicines that he needs to maintain for his recovery."

Kim Jennie was the one who received the prescriptions. She furrowed her eyes at the piece of paper she was holding. Seriously, he should improve his handwriting. It's impossible to understand any of this. For the first time, she admired the pharmacists for their sharp eyesight to even distinguish whatever the hell was written on this piece of paper. Besides that point, if somehow the pharmacists handling this could not decipher whatever was written on this and just took a random medicine, it might kill her grandfather.

"When can he be discharged?"

"As early as the day after tomorrow he can."

After informing them everything about the patient's condition, he's finally done with work and prepared to leave immediately. If not for Jungkook calling him and asking him to personally attend this patient, he wouldn't have to deal with this anyway. "I won't be staying any longer. If you have more concerns, you can contact me directly." And with that, he left the family inside the ward with the nurses following behind him.

"I will call Mrs. Baek to prepare everything in the Kim Manor so that it will be comfortable for you to stay there in the meantime," Kim Jennie stated, ready to fish her phone out of her luxurious handbag to make the call.

Kim Tae-ho sighed. It's not like he has any other choice.

"Then, let me and Seokjin handle the company in the meantime to prevent conflicts," Jisoo declared. The moment his condition spreads, surely everyone would grab this opportunity to take advantage of the company that their grandfather built. That includes his useless sons who did nothing but covet something they don't deserve at all. Then, she turned to Lisa, "It's time you also go back and get your position back."

Lisa understood what her cousin was talking about. She was a bit hesitant, to say the least.

"And I will take Byeon Woo-seok in custody."

Tae-ho chuckled at that. "Don't be too harsh on him. He's a softie."

Jisoo raised an eyebrow at him. "Don't worry, Grandpa. I'm not as bad as you are."