lovesick - OS

Sai's phone vibrates as he hydrates himself during his break. his lips curve up at the notification.

*3 new messages from tazbu🍉*

"just done w yoga"
"heading home"
"tera shoot khatam?"
"okay, be safe on the way"
     "nope aur 2 hours lag sakte hain"
  "miss you🥺"

sai puts away his phone after texting shivi as he was called back to shoot from his break. its been a long tiring day, he sighs.

___

shivangi lights up at his miss you message with an idea. she changes her route to their favorite coffee shop and picks up two coffees.

half an hour later she pulls her car up at the familiar shooting set. she is greeted by the guards and staff as she heads further inside, a warm smile playing on her lips.

she saw sai is still busy with his shoot, and she stood there for a few minutes in a daze, watching her handsome man giving sexy poses. she could feel her cheeks heating up. not now, shivangi. she told herself and silently left for sai's greenroom. waiting for him to arrive.

she hates waiting.

after what felt like an eternity which was just an hour she finally heard the door knob clicking and immediately went behind the closet to hide and surprise sai.

she was struggling to not let her giggles out as sai went up to the mirror and started undoing his watch.
her stomach was tingling with excitement, and this is what always takes her by surprise, that no matter how many times they do these silly things to each other, it feels just as new and fond.

she tip-toed her tiny body behind sai and slid her palms over his eyes, taking sai by surprise.

_____

i could feel the change in the air as soon as i entered my greenroom, smelling like jasmine and sweet vanilla, just like her. but i was quick to shake the thought. i was probably just missing her too much. maybe i really am the lovesick puppy like shivi calls me cause we had just parted in the morning.

i removed my watch and kept on the table, working on my shirt buttons for the next outfit when suddenly i felt a presence behind me and tiny soft hands covered my eyes. i knew it was her.

i raised my hands to touch hers to confirm, and yes it was her.
______

i saw him smile through the mirror and before i could make a move he swiftly pulled me by the waist and i was swept off my feet into a bone crushing embrace.

his breath tickling my neck as i let out my held back giggles. the room filled with our laughter.

"shivi.." he whispered.

"you here?" he said almost as if he thought its a dream. my lovesick man y'all.

"ofcourse im here. you said you missed me so i couldn't help myself." i said, following it with a peck on his cheek.

his grip still tight yet tender on my waist.

he stole a kiss from me, and one more, and two more, and... well.

after the lil make out sesh he gently dropped my feet to the ground.

"i brought you our favorite coffee but you took forever to come" i said with a huff. "and now its gone cold!"

"ohh i'm sorry i had no idea or i'd take a break earlier.."

i was still pouting. i enjoyed teasing him.

"so would you go on a coffee date with me later today, ma'am?" he asked holding out his hand.

he knew me too well.

"sure, sir." i brightened up instantly giving him my sunshine smile as i squeezed his hand.

he giggled. gosh its like music to my ears.

"i'll go change to my next outfit, wait for me there" he pointed out to an arm chair opposite to the mirror.

"don't you want me to join you?" i winked at him,

his mouth quickly shaping to an "o" as if asking "really?" and his cheeks and ears went pink.

"bwahahhahaha" i patted his shoulder, laughing like a kid who won a candy. i loved teasing him way too much.

he realized and his face shifted to make a pout as he marched into the closet with fake anger.

i stood there few more moments laughing, holding my stomach and facepalming myself. silly him.

____

time passed quickly as sai kept shooting and shivi made herself comfortable on the arm chair. he made sure to come up to her once in a while and chat about something random. sharing her the water and snacks he was provided with.

these were the lil precious moments, she thought.

and she took her time checking him out lazily every time he stood in front of the mirror, or just simply when he is passing by.

oh, and sai was so content and mushy to have shivi watch him do the work he loves while also having the love of his life by his side that he decided to drop a mirror selfie of them on his IG.

he wouldn't have done this normally but who cares? he is too happy right now.
_____

as promised, after the shoot, sai took shivi to their favorite cafe and had a sweet time drinking coffee and eating croissants.

they later went for a lil walk as usual by the beach, holding hands, feeling all warm and fuzzy like all they needed in life was each other.

who knew love could be so beautiful, he thought.

it was night by the time they headed home. they both were tired so decided to cook maggi and call it a night.

"long day huh?" she asked him as she laid her head on his shoulder, drawing small circles on his bare chest, as warm blankets covered them on the bed.

"yes, and how was your yoga sesh?" he asked, carding his fingers through her soft hair.

they chatted like that for a while until he heard soft snores of shivi, realizing she slept.

he glanced down, her skin glowing in the soft warm light of the bedside lamp.

she looks ethereal. sai thought for the hundredth time in the day.

he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, while mumbling "i love you" and dozing off to sleep too.

seconds later he saw her smile softly as she whispered in her sleep, "i love you too."

in that moment he knew, again, his heart overwhelmed with warmth, that this is all he ever wants in life and he would go to any extent to protect his ball of sunshine.

______
********

long time lovelies!
i hope you enjoyed reading this one, i know it was short, but today's content just motivated me to write.
this one didn't have much angst or such, i just wanted to make your cheeks hurt from smiling at all the fluff, hehe.

with love.