𝟎𝟎𝟒

jude's POV:
fucking hell she's something else. she's the only girl that's made me this nervous. and i never get that nervous really, even before a big game. just hope i haven't fucked things up last night. if i could keep kissing her then i would but we gotta get to know eachother first. i'm sure she'll understand. can't have us burning out early, i think she might be one for the long run.

maya's POV:
wow that was one of the best nights of my life. for someone who's only met me last night, jude took care of me so well. he looked a bit disappointed when he pulled away from the kiss but he's a footballer, he needs his sleep you know? and we even spooned the entire night. and somehow it wasn't even awkward? it's like i've known him forever.

narrative:

the next morning, the england footballer woke up early while maya was still snoozing. usually he'd scroll through his phone after waking up but this time he stopped to admire the girl beside him. to jude, she looked perfect. however he soon realised he needed to freshen up for the day so he forced himself out of bed and headed to the bathroom. when he was done, maya had just gotten up.

"morning", jude said with a smile and a wave.
"good morning", maya replied with a tired expression.

before jude could reply, they were interrupted by two knocks at the door.
"uh don't come in, i'm getting changed", jude called out while maya tried to hold in her laughter.
"oh that's fine i was just telling you that dad and i are going out on a morning walk now, do you need anything?", it was denise (jude's mum).
"nah it's alright, have fun", jude replied.

once maya heard denise's footsteps trail downstairs, she told jude, "i think i might leave soon then"
"you sure? you can stay a bit longer if you want"
"no it's just that i don't wanna meet your parents  when i'm looking a mess, they seem so sweet. also i have work i need to catch up on", maya sighed saying the last part.
"right you're a nerd innit", jude joked resulting in maya rolling her eyes back at him.
"nah just kidding that's fine. it was nice meeting you by the way. i really enjoyed it.", jude added.
"likewise. thanks for offering me a place to stay too.", maya agreed and walked over to give him a hug.

MISSED CALL FROM RILEY ‼️

"sorry i need to get this", maya explained.
jude nodded to reassure her.

CALL FROM RILEY
[accept] or decline

riley: hello?
maya: what's up?
riley: chloe and i are heading to brunch right now, you wanna come?
maya: sounds fun, where we going?
riley: check your texts i sent you the location
maya: checking now... wait that's so close to where i am
riley: (cough cough) and is that jude's house?
maya: um anyways, i'm walking so give me like 10 minutes?
riley: omg you're dodging the question bc he's right there innit
maya: yeah you slag
jude: (giggles in the background)
riley: IS THAT JUDE-

[maya ended the call]