𝟎𝟐𝟔

NOVEMBER.

the time had finally come. for maya and jude it had been a month since they reunited but
everyone had also been waiting  four long years for the world cup.

the couple had travelled to qatar separately because the england players were required to be on the team bus together. so the first time maya and jude met in qatar was at the cruise ship, the same cruise that the england team had booked out for a billion dollars to accomodate the wives, girlfriends and families of the footballers.

jude was wearing his navy-blue england tracksuit when he saw maya ambling over with her luggage. he sprinted towards her, ignoring any of his teammates who might be watching, as maya leaped into his arms.

they shared a short sweet kiss until they both pulled away to tell eachother "i missed you."

only a few moments later though, jude's parents (denise and mark) walked over to meet them as well.

"you must be maya? nice to finally meet you sweetheart." mark introduces himself with the kindest wide-mouth smile.

"lovely to meet you too mr bellingham!" maya replied.

"oh bab feel free to call me mark!"

maya nods and before she can say anything else, one of the england staff members taps jude on the shoulder and informs him that they need to head to their cabins.

jude and his entourage then make their way, maya in one room whilst denise and mark in the room right beside it. when jude opened the door for maya, she was welcomed to a luxury bedroom, and a panoramic window boasting a pristine sea-view of the doha coast.

"oh my god this is stunning!" maya says starstruck, her jaw almost fell to the floor.

"pretty decent innit?" jude gently drops maya's suitcases inside.

maya turns around to see jude with his arm leaning against the wall as if he was waiting for something. when maya slowly walks closer to him, he can feel his heart beating louder than ever, it only beats faster when she wraps her hands around his chest and looks up into his brown eyes.

"i don't want this room alone to myself," she mumbles.

"i know babe. but i have to stay at the team hotel. gareth's orders," he comforts her with a warm hug, kissing her on the forehead.

jude feels maya nod in agreement against his chest. then he says, "i can't stand us being separated any longer."

"so come closer then," maya whispers, tilting her head up so jude could lean in for a kiss.

finally jude could free himself from the long wait. he kissed her repeatedly. every time he came back with more desperation than the last. he slid his fingers through her soft hair as maya slowly swivelled her head back and forth. she wanted this just as much, moaning into his lips and slipping her tongue in. the scent of jude's aftershave was inescapable and he couldn't taste anything but the peppermint from maya's mouth. jude thrusted maya against the wall, pecking the corners of her mouth until he almost ran out of breath. before he could go in for another taste, he sees two shadows in the corner of his eye.

"ah- jude you forgot to shut the door." denise awkwardly muttered beside mark, both parents trying their hardest not to laugh.

maya and jude retract immediately, a mix of horror and embarrassment struck their faces.

"oh sorry mom, i forgot." jude blurts.

mark then reminds him, "remember we need to get going soon, something about a grand opening party?"

"oh right of course, thanks dad we can leave in a few minutes, just need to get ready."

"sound," mark responds with a thumbs up.

half an hour later, all four of them find themselves on the other side of the cruise ship in a large restaurant venue. maya and jude hold hands as they walk alongside jude's parents to meet the others. every england footballer is given their own table where their family and partners are invited to sit. this year the 'bellingham' table was flanked by the 'mount' and 'grealish' tables. so all three players and their accompanies began to greet eachother.

mason, jack and jude all take their turns to dap eachother up whilst their family members introduce themselves. jude reaches for maya's hand again and she squeezes it slightly.

the mood changes when sasha attwood (jack's girlfriend) asks,  "so who's this gorgeous girl you're with jude?"

"oh this is maya, one of my close friends." jude announces, letting go of maya's hand. giving her a side hug instead.

maya couldn't believe it. FRIENDS? five months into their relationship but her boyfriend had just addressed her as his one of his friends. maya's hand was now shivering. blood rushed to her cheeks. she didn't return the side hug from jude, she was too shocked and far too humiliated. jude looked down at her, unsure of why her gaze on him was so unsettled. matters were made worse when maya glanced over at mason and jack furrowing their eyebrows at jude.

quickly, maya tried to lighten the mood by faking a smile and responding to sasha by saying "hi i'm maya, what's your name?"

"my name's sasha, lovely to meet you maya!"

"oh sasha you're stunning! your hair looks incredible babe," maya exclaimed.

"aww you are too kind." sasha replies flustered. then she takes a moment before saying,
"hey maya are you alright? your eyes look-"

"oh no i'm fine! my mascara is just stinging a bit. sorry excuse me for a moment."  maya responds as her eyes begin to water, she rushes to the restroom trying her best not to cry.

meanwhile, clueless jude is standing in the middle of it all, his mom shakes her head disapprovingly whereas his dad is just as confused about what happened. after a couple seconds pass, mason and jack stride towards jude and gesture for him to come grab a drink with them. jude walks over eagerly but mason gives him a little slap on the back of the head.

"are you mad?!" mason whispers so no one else hears but he's practically yelling.

"i dunno? what'd you mean?" jude said, itching his head.

"mate you're sleeping in the doghouse tonight," jack chuckles in disbelief.

"geezer what are you on about?" jude asked as panic struck him.

"how can you say she's just a friend?" mason scolded him.

"because we agreed to be lowkey. you know, privacy and that innit!" jude explained. but as soon as he spoke, he knew he was all wrong.

"shit. i've fucked it." jude utters.

jack and mason both nod in unison.

"oh mate you haven't got a scooby."

authors note!

authors note!

buzzing for the final! 🇦🇷🇫🇷

hope u enjoyed this chapter,

also thank u for over 100,000 views and all the votes i am so grateful !! 🤍