𝟎𝟐𝟎

the smell of coffee lingered in the air as jude and maya strolled through the dortmund streets in the early morning.

"you look tired?," jude asks maya, squeezing her hand slightly.

"no just a little cold, that's all," she replies quietly.

jude bites his tongue in disappointment when he realises that he wasn't wearing a hoodie he could lend to maya, but then a good idea strikes him.

"let's go to the cafe then," he smiles pointing forwards, maya smiles right back.

she waited for him to put his cap on. jude always says that his hair is a dead giveaway to fans and he doesn't always like being seen out in public.

the cafe doors opened and a kind voice invited them in.
"guten morgen! how may i help you?"

"can we have one chai latte and a flat white please?" maya asks, a smile flickers across her face. jude is staring down at his phone, getting 'apple pay' ready to go.

the barista looked like he could be a model. he stood at about six foot three, maybe taller. maya noticed his sapphire blue shirt matched his eyes.

"your accent, where's it from?" the barista asks grinning.

"oh i'm from manchester," maya chuckles softly.

"england of course! i've always wanted to visit. are there any city attractions besides you?"  in an attempt to flirt, the barista smirks as his eyebrow quirks up, his hands moving quickly to prepare the coffee.

jude's gaze shifts up immediately. his eyes darken when he turns off his phone. maya can tell jude is shocked by what he just heard because his bottom lip curled inwards.

"oh thanks, i'm flattered but i do have a boyfriend," maya says kindly. she fidgets with her gold infinity necklace. jude inches closer, reaching for her hand.

"oh. did your boyfriend buy you that?" the barista's gaze was trailing down her necklace and cleavage, and once maya noticed it, she put her hand over her chest as a cover to stop him from staring.

this made jude furious.

"yeah, i bought the necklace for her." jude takes off the cap, that's when the barista recognises him.

"bellingham?! bro i'm sorry i didn't realise it was you. i-" his cheeks flare in a red flush, he's clearly embarrassed.

"don't stress it mate, i know you can be better than that." jude gently shakes his head.

maya looks up at him through her eyelashes, she was glad he didn't make a scene. even in anger, jude showed so much grace. this was something she hadn't really seen before.

"here's your coffee."

"thank you," maya and jude both reply. jude gives the barista a closed-mouth smile but as soon as he turns around, his face drops.

once they both got out of the cafe, jude immediately wraps his arms around maya.

"how cringe was that pick-up line?" jude rolls his eyes and snickers, making maya giggle too.

he pauses for a second, then speaks again. "jokes aside. he was disgusting, i'm sorry baby." jude hugs her tight.

"it's okay. i felt safe with you there." maya said peering up at him. hearing those words meant so much to him, whether maya knew it or not. she pressed a kiss to his lips.

"you'll always be safe with me," jude replied.

sorry for the long wait!

i completely lost motivation

but i'll be updating more throughout the world cup x

also might change my name to kendall jenner after that jude tiktok 💔

also tysm for the comments and votes! 🤍