𝟎𝟎𝟖

"i'm sorry for-" jude announced but he was cut short by maya.

"wait"

maya rose up and repositioned so she was now sat facing him. her fingers started to fidget with her nails. her mind was expecting the worst. even her eyes were stinging already, preparing to tear up. her past relationships hadn't been the best of experiences and that's why this time around, she was really afraid of losing a good guy like jude.

once she was ready, jude then took a breath in and said,
"sorry that i stopped kissing you the last time we met. i wanted to keep going but it just felt like we were going too fast too soon, do you get what i mean? and with my career, it's hard to know who to trust. i just hope that you didn't take it wrong."

maya's reaction? she bursted out laughing and covered her face with her a cushion to save herself from embarrassment.

"what you laughing for," jude chuckled as he scratched his forehead out of confusion.

"oh my god i thought you were gonna say something so much worse, i was proper nervous you know," maya explained. "but thanks for letting me know. i didn't mind anyway i mean it's still early days."

"good to know we're on the same page then," jude sighed with relief.

"so would kissing you now be moving too fast?"
jude asked cheekily, even adding a slight wink.

"nah i'm all yours", maya shook her head with a grin on her face.

maya's pov:

after i gave him a sign of approval, jude climbed over and pulled me towards him for a kiss. he was a good kisser. easily the best kisser i've been with. he knew when to speed up and when to slow down. i matched his tempo. then he lifted me up so his hips were between my legs. my hands wrapped around his neck as he started to work down the side of mine. his lips were pressing below my collar bone now, heading towards my cleavage. i couldn't help but let out a moan. he kissed my lips again but we were interrupted by two buzzes on the couch.

jude's phone lit up with two notifications. i couldn't see it too clearly until jude leaned over to look at them. once my eyes focused, i couldn't believe it.

"who's daisy?" maya asked, furrowing her eyebrows slightly as she got up and off of jude

"my ex-"

"oh," maya's heart sank to the floor.

"no trust me don't worry there's nothing between us, it's my fault i forgot to block her. i'm sorry," jude apologised as he shut his phone off and placed it on the table in front of him.

"that's fine," maya forced a smile.

jude placed his hand on maya's leg, "what's wrong? i feel like you've got something else on your mind."