HYPOCRITES! (Author's Note at End... Read Please)

Originally published: April 2016

This is more of a fandom problem then a fanfiction problem.

A hypocrite is "a person who acts in contridiction to what they say". An example would be a person who posts all these religious pictures on Instagram and says they're Christian (that's the only religion I know I won't get wrong here), but they've never been to Church, they don't know a single bible verse, and they don't follow what Jesus preaches. (FYI, I understand not doing the first two.... but the whole point of being a CHRISTian is following Jesus CHRIST.)

We have a lot of hypocrites in our fandom, and it really annoys me.

1

1. Leo VS Frank. I see many people on tumblr that stick up for Leo despite his bullying towards Frank in MoA. The same people go and say that Frank was the one being mean/threatning to Leo. I mean seriously? You can't justify one thing just because you like it, and then diss another similar thing just because you dislike it. Frank also had a terrible childhood. His mom died (just like Leo) and he grew up with a strict grandmother. He had no friends, was chubby and awkward, and was pretty much a loner. Now I'm not saying Leo's the bad guy here. Leo also had a terrible childhood, with his mom's death and going from place to place without a home, but Frank's isn't any better. What I'm saying is that people are being hypocritical by saying Leo's teasing is fine bc of his childhood but Frank's isn't, because they both had a bad life, not just Leo.

2. PIPER. I love Piper. She's awesome. If you read my chapter on her, you should know that. I also hate when people say she's a Mary Sue. She's not. But I already said that.
The problem is that people say Piper is a Mary Sue but totally dismiss the fact that Percy is the biggest Gary Stu of them all. I mean, c'mon. He had a lonely childhood but overcame it. He's super powerful, the child of a prophecy, a hero, and pretty much "flawless". I love Percy, but I'm stating the facts here. He got the pretty girl, defeated the rival, saved the world, blah blah blah. And all the while, he had almost no bad things other than... Tartarus. But let's not talk about that. Anyway, Rick kind of made him into a basic character, but he's the cute main BOY character so it's okay. Piper however, is a girl and a bit of a secondary character (not in BOO or TLH of course), at least compared to Percy, so it's terrible and unfair and stupid that she's pretty, tough, a hero, and gets the cute boy. You see what I mean? People say that Mary Sues suck, yet their favorite characters are Mary Sues.

There are other examples, but I hope that serves my point. I cannot stand hypocrites, so please stop and realize... your favorite characters aren't as good as they seem. By liking them and hating the other flawed characters, you're being hypocritical, and that makes me annoyed :I

ALSO GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH! I ONLY EXPECTED LIKE 10 PEOPLE TO READ THIS I MEAN IT'S NOT EVEN A STORY BUT I HAVE LIKE 221 READS THANKS SO MUCH! I was on yesterday and I only had 4 comments, and I went on today and it went up to 18! 14 comments in ...

ALSO GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH! I ONLY EXPECTED LIKE 10 PEOPLE TO READ THIS I MEAN IT'S NOT EVEN A STORY BUT I HAVE LIKE 221 READS THANKS SO MUCH! I was on yesterday and I only had 4 comments, and I went on today and it went up to 18! 14 comments in less than 24 hours! Thank you soooo much for reading this and I hope you listen/agree to what I'm saying because I know I'm not the only one in the fandom that thinks these things. But anyway THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS!

P.S. If you would like to be a kind person, or you're just bored, can you check out my Instagram and Pinterest? They're athenamilbert and artistdemigod respectively.

 If you would like to be a kind person, or you're just bored, can you check out my Instagram and Pinterest? They're athenamilbert and artistdemigod respectively