The Characters Read the Books

Originally published: August 2016

A/N: Well! Hey guys! I haven't updated in a while (almost all Summer)! I suppose that's a good thing, just because that means there's less problems in the fandom. Regardless, I'm back...

So anyway, my rant today is the stories about the characters reading the books. I've seen many stories circled around this synopsis, and I find this irritating.
If you've never seen these stories (which would be surprising), basically this is the most common plot- it's a retelling of the stories, with the characters occasionally interjecting their opinions on what's happening.

Now, c'mon guys, where's the creativity in that? At least with chaos and high school fics there are some new characters that the author creates. But with this, you just take Rick's work, and put some dialogue in now and then. And half of the things the characters do as reactions aren't even realistic reactions for them!

Example (complete with grammar and all):

Look, I didn't want to be a half blood.
"Hey, that's me!!" Percy squealed.
"Shut up seaweed brain." annabeth mumbled.
If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever lie your mom and dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life. Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary.
"Dang right it is!" Leo said.
"Shut up Leo!" annabeth yelled.

-

So, yeah, you can see, it's just Rick's work with some unrealistic dialogue of the author's own creation inserted here and there. I hate that this can pass as a story on Wattpad, when it's really just The Lightning Thief.

 I hate that this can pass as a story on Wattpad, when it's really just The Lightning Thief