Training

It was morning; Nenetl looked at herself in the mirror. She was nervous as she didn't know what to expect. However, Nenetl knew that she had to be confident. If not, then what was the point of everything? Luckily, the orphanage was close by, and it was a twenty-minute walk. 

She was ready and went on her way. As she walked, many people were going to work or doing chores. Many looked at her curiously, and some greeted her; Nenetl did the same. Twenty minutes went by, and she arrived at the orphanage. The orphanage was a modern-like building, and there were many windows. As Nenetl was about to enter, the doors were opened by an older woman. 

The older woman looked to be in her late 50s. Her hair looked dyed in a bright red color, although some gray hairs were apparent. The woman had dark brown eyes. Her face had a lot of makeup that made her almost look like a clown. She was also a bit overweight but wore tight clothes. 

Nenetl felt that the woman was trying hard to regain her youth. "You are Nenetl Kuhn, correct?" the woman asked almost roughly.

"Yes, Ms..."

"Call me Agnes. Come in; we've been expecting you." Nenetl did as she was told. Once inside the building, she had to admit that the interior was very decorative with the art projects that the children did. "For the rest of the week, it will be orientation and training; the following week, you will begin working with the children. You will also meet Mr. Ferenc Nadasy, one of the orphanage's creators. We have much to do."

Nenetl was shown around the orphanage, and it was decently sized. She saw many children waking up from sleep in the rooms she walked by. Her heart felt warmth for the children. However, she was sad that many of these children didn't have families. She promised herself that she would do her very best to teach and assist the children the best she could.

The young woman knew it would be challenging, but she was willing to take on it. She was taken to the meeting room where Agnes had her the training packets. Nenetl noticed that she and Agnes were the only ones in the room. It made Nenetl wonder if she was the only hire.

Nenetl focused on the training, which lasted more than two hours. She had to admit that it was not very interesting since Agnes wasn't enthusiastic. However, Nenetl focused on how to work with children, and to her, it seemed very basic, things she already knew. It made her wonder if any of the staff were truly trained. On the other hand, few countries consider special education necessary. That was when she knew that it was going to be difficult. She might teach others a thing or two, and they could do the same.

As the training ended, the door opened. The two women looked in that direction. Agnes immediately tried fixing her hair and hiding a blush on her heavily made-up face. "M-Mr. Nadasy, welcome, sir. We had just finished the meeting."

Nenetl looked at the man who had just entered. She remembered that Nadasy was mentioned in the paperwork, meaning he was the orphanage's creator. The young woman stood as he walked before her.

The two were face to face. Nenetl realized that he didn't say or do anything. To make the situation less awkward, she extended her hand out. "Mr. Nadasy, it is very nice to meet you, sir."

Ferenc looked uninterested as he saw Agnes, who was trying to fix her appearance. "What a pathetic cow. Who would want her at her age, especially with all that makeup and overweight appearance? She would be lucky to have a beta shmuck," he thought. However, his eyes focused on the other occupant. Ferenc wondered if she was mixed race. Usually, Germans were white, but the young woman had a light olive tone; he couldn't deny that she was beautiful.

The two stood in front of one another. Ferenc said nothing; he wanted to make her feel uncomfortable. He also wanted the young woman to know who was in charge. However, she did something he didn't expect.