Diósgyőr Castle

Although the stone walls looked worn out, Nenetl couldn't believe Diósgyőr Castle's beauty. She always found old castles magnificent and fascinating since she loved history. Outside the castle were a few white tarps; people walked in and out of the gates carrying chairs and tables. That was when Nenetl remembered that Ferenc mentioned festivities were going to occur. When she and Ferenc walked toward the castle, many workers stopped and greeted their employer.

Nenetl noticed that the women eyed him with lust and wonder; they watched her with disdain and jealousy. "Oh, if you desperate women knew about the suspicions of this guy," she thought. Ferenc stopped, as did she, when she noticed an overweight man coming their way, but he wasn't alone; another man was with him. 

"Ah, Mr. Nadasy. I am so glad that you arrived." 

Ferenc let out a small smile. "Gerson, it is good to see you again. I see that everyone is preparing for tomorrow's festivities. Although, I see that they are barely starting." His smile slowly dissipated. "I hope that they will be able to finish for tomorrow."

Gerson laughed nervously. "W-Well, of course, Mr. Nadasy. We were short-staffed, but then my new assistant got more workers. Everything will be done by 8 pm, so you needn't worry. By the way, let me introduce you to my assistant, Boris Farkas. The young man looked to be in his early twenties to early thirties. Boris was six feet tall with warm-beige skin, a broad face, and a slightly muscular build, making him look like a model. His brown-blondish wavy hair was tied nicely with a few strands loose; his eyes were blue. He wore a white buttoned shirt with a black undershirt beneath. His clothes almost clung to his muscular body, which would make any woman salivate at the sight of him. Nenetl couldn't believe how handsome he was. "My god, he's even better looking than Ferenc."  However, not much of his looks caught her interest; it was his smile. Boris' smile looked and held a sort of innocence that was almost rare. In Nenetl's view, his smile would make anyone feel at ease.

"Mr. Nadasy, it is an honor to meet you in person. I admire all your work, and you motivated me to study business." Boris motioned out his hand; Ferenc looked at him and shook his hand.

"Well, it is nice to motivate others." He let him go. "I expect nothing less from those who work for me."

Boris nodded and then looked at Nenetl; his blue eyes were on her momentarily. "Who might you be, Miss?"

Nenetl was brought back to reality and composed herself. "Oh, uh, I'm Nenetl Kuhn. I-I'm just Mr. Nadasy's worker. It's a pleasure to meet you." She motioned her hand to him, which he gladly took; they shook hands. However, they still held hands while looking at one another.

Ferenc noticed the scene and slowly got annoyed. "Gerson, Boris, take us inside and show us the status of the preparations."

"Of course, Mr. Nadasy. Boris, please lead the way. Since you will one day take my place, it would be befitting that you would do the honors." Boris and Nenetl let go of each other's hand and Boris motioned the group to follow him inside the castle. 

Once inside, the castle's center had many tables, chairs, and a large stage. Some pillars and walls were decorated in red and black fabrics, and some roses were the same color. While Boris explained the designs and what was to be expected, Nenetl slowly separated herself from the group while marveling at the castle's interior. The castle wasn't as big as other European castles; Diósgyőr Castle was only two levels, with many rooms. 

Nenetl was so busy marveling at the castle that she didn't realize Boris finished speaking about the preparations. Boris noticed that Nenetl was looking at the castle's interior and felt intrigued. "It seems, Miss. Nenetl is enjoying the sight of the castle."

Ferenc turned to see Nenetl and let out a small huff. "Indeed. You planned everything thoroughly, Boris. However, such praise will be given once the festivities end."

"I expected that, Mr. Nadasy. I assure you that everything will go perfectly and to your expectations."

"Um, excuse me." The men looked at her. "Is there a restroom? I need to go bad."

Boris smiled. "Of course, Miss. I will show you the way. If you would follow me." He motioned the young woman to follow him. Ferenc eyed the duo walking further away; he didn't know why, but he didn't like that Nenetl willingly went with another man.

Meanwhile, Boris led Nenetl to a slightly dark hallway far from the castle center, and at the end, there were two doors, which were the restrooms. "Here you are. I will wait for you here."

Nenetl nodded as she entered the women's bathroom and did her business. When finished, she washed her hands while looking at her reflection in the mirror. She was relieved that there were people in the castle, which meant Ferenc couldn't do anything to her. Yet, he still had to take her home, but she doubted he would harm her. When leaving the restroom, Boris stood by the wall, waiting for her. "Are you ready to go back?"

"Honestly, I really would like to look around the castle alone. Would it be possible?"

"Unfortunately, you can't go alone since there are restrictions." Boris smiled. "However, since I have some authority here. I can give you a small tour, but it has to be quick since there is still some work to do."

Nenetl smiled as she felt her heart beat rapidly. "I would like that."