Again

Police and forensic staff were at the crime scene. The crime scene was in the mountains. An officer stood as he watched the scene before him. The body of a woman was slowly being put in a bag. The officer was in his mid-40s. He had black hair with some gray hairs sticking out and a black beard in disarray. He wore a dark gray suit, a wrinkled white buttoned-up shirt, and some black slacks with black shoes. The man was overweight; his tired face had many wrinkles and slight acne due to the stress. He had slight bags under his dull brown eyes. The officer saw a female officer walking toward him.

"You look like hell, Elek. I thought you would be at home about now."

"I was supposed to, but I received a call about this case. You know how long I have worked in this kind of case, Kassandra."

The female officer was in her late twenties; her light brown hair was in a pixie-cut style with some red highlights. She had an average figure with some freckles on her pale face and chest. Her youthful appearance made her look almost childlike; many confused her about being an adolescent. Kassandra also has some small silver skull earrings. She wore a red buttoned-up shirt with the first couple undone, tight black jeans, and black boot-like shoes, making her have a goth appearance. 

"So, who is the victim?"

"Well, there wasn't any identification or anything that would link us to her identity. The killer is pretty slick. He or she is trying to give us a hard time identifying their victim."

Elek walked forward and ordered the forensic team members to stop what they were doing; he wanted to see the body. He noticed many stab wounds throughout the body, and the victim's blood spilled throughout her clothes and skin. The young woman suffered a terrible death.

Kassandra knelt beside Elek. "This woman suffered a brutal death. Seeing the stab marks, the killer probably did this out of anger." She pointed at one of the marks on the body. "Look at this one. This cut was so deep that it made some marks on the bone." Kassandra looked at Elek, who watched the body quietly and intently. "Elek, are you not thinking about that again? You know how our boss hates it when you bring it up."

The older man stilled, looked at the body, and motioned the forensic members to complete their job. "I've seen this before, Kassandra. When I first began my job, my first case was of a teenage girl who was murdered. As time went on, I found bodies with the same memo. We have a serial killer on the loose. It's the same man."

"Come on, that was long ago. Look, if what you think is true, this killer has been killing since he was a teen."

"Correct. This killer has a hatred for women. There could be many reasons why he kills women, whether it be a hatred for his mother or he finds women weak."

Kassandra sighed. "Then, no women in the area are safe. We need to find out who this woman is. We need to get her description out in the news to see if anyone would recognize her."

Elek shook his head. "I don't think that would be wise. I have a hunch that the killer watches the news. He would probably stop momentarily or think of other ways to improve his skill. The killer doesn't want much publicity; he hides his victims, which means he didn't want them to be found." He looked at the young woman. "We need to find out who she is in secret. I have a friend who used to work in the forensic field in America and has more advanced technology. I can ask him if he can find anything about her." Elek went on his way while Kassandra watched.

She then looked at the body that was put in a bag; she sighed. "Thrown like trash, what a sick bastard."

Meanwhile, Nenetl and Ferenc walked around the area. Nenetl saw many stores and old houses built in the 12th century. She was surprised at how smart Ferenc was. He knew all about the history of the area. Nenetl was initially reluctant, but the more she was with Ferenc, the more she began to change her mind. 

She learned a lot about the area. They would even stop at coffee places, bookstores, and more. However, the young woman would sometimes notice how the people viewed Ferenc. Many people looked at him with nervousness. It made her curious how Ferenc indeed was. It also made her wonder why people wouldn't look him in the face.

Was he hiding something?

Nenetl also remembered the gun she was given. She didn't tell Ferenc about it. The gun gave her chills, but it was good to have just in case for protection. Her thoughts were interrupted when Ferenc called out to her. "Huh? Sorry, what did you say?"

"Deep in thought?"

"Yeah, I was so entranced with the area that I felt like I was in the past. You're also knowledgeable. You made this day very exciting."

Ferenc chuckled. "Well, there is one place I would like to take you. If you're up to it."

"Sure, where?"

"It's up in the mountains; a historical monument exists there."

Nenetl felt awkward going to the mountain area with a man she hardly knew. She was about to answer when her phone rang. "Oh, it's my father. I forgot that he was going to call. I'm sorry, Mr. Nadasy. I have to cut things short. I have to speak with my dad. I'll see you next time." Before Ferenc could say anything, Nenetl went on her way.

Ference watched her walk away; he bit his lower lip until blood dripped. "She's escaped again. Again! What is it with this damn woman?"