Chapter 13: Shaak Ti

First of all, I want to apologize to my readers for not updating this story (or any of my other stories, for that matter) in so long. I moved out of my parents' house after a lot of stress and family issues. Now that I've finally settled down in my own place, and finally have Internet, I'll update more frequently. Again, I'm really sorry, and I should have put the story on hold to let you guys know. Sorry. :(

BUT! Here's the next chapter, finally!!! I'll upload the next chapter on Sunday. It's a promise! And thanks so much for the positive feedback and support. It means a lot to me.

Enjoy! This is a chapter that I'm really proud of. It's safe to say it's my personal favourite. :)

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 13: SHAAK TI

“The Jedi have enslaved us. They have destroyed our ancient customs and are forcing upon us ways of which we want no part.”

 - Felucian shaman, name withheld

It was wonderful to feel the Executor beneath my boots again. It was even more wonderful to be back in my Sith robes, and to hide in the hood that covered my face.

With a breath of air, a turbolift door slid open behind me. Heavy footfalls sounded on the obsidian black floor. I turned around. There came Darth Vader, in all his dark majesty. My heartbeat quickened. I walked quickly yet respectfully, and, lifting my hood, I fell to my knees before my master.

"Master, I have returned."

"You have done well, my apprentice," rumbled Vader. I shivered, unable to resist. So much had happened since I had last spoken with Vader in person that it felt like an eternity. Just hearing his voice settled whatever doubts may have been nagging at the back of my mind.

"Rise, Kemberli." As I complied, Vader strode past me to stand at the windows. "You did very well on Coruscant."

"Thank you, Master." I warmed to hear his praise.

"I sense that you visited the Jedi temple."

It shouldn't have surprised me that he knew, but I was flustered anyways. "Ah! Uh, yes, Master, I did."

"I take it you defeated the ghosts of your past."

"Yes, Master. Yes, I did." I dared to advance to his side. How could he know that? "Master... Forgive my asking, but how did you know?"

"Your Force presence is void of any inner conflict," came Vader's response. "You have been completely purged of whatever hidden attachments you had for your former Master.

I nodded, and was pleased to find no regret or pain anywhere within me at Vader's words.

"You have improved remarkably yet again. I have a final mission for you. Once you complete it, I will advance your training to the next stage."

"Yes, Master!" I turned to him, smiling darkly in excitement. "What's the mission?"

"You will kill Master Shaak Ti."

I was thunderstruck. "Master... Shaak Ti? She's alive?"

I couldn't believe my luck. Master Shaak Ti... A Master of the High Jedi Council!  A general in the Clone Wars! An unrivalled lightsaber master with a combined form of Makashi and Ataru! A worthy opponent indeed... She would be very difficult to defeat.