Chapter 21: Friends

I'm so happy to see that everyone is loving the story so much! To be honest I wasn't sure how you'd all feel about the time travelling, but all the feedback is reassuring!!! I love your suggestions, like what officialboss said about putting Kemberli's sister in the story (that's a great idea and I'll probably do it sometime later in the storyline). And to leoluke8, I made her kill Shaak Ti because I wanted to enforce her image as a Sith and to create the perfect scene for her to meet Starkiller. To MoonWalkingEnderman, there is no Anakin in this chapter, but someone else you might like. :P

And, like always, everyone, thanks so much for all the comments! Enjoy the chapter!

P.S. Merry Christmas everyone! May the Christmas spirit be with you! 

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 21: FRIENDS

“I didn’t work so hard fighting the Military Creation Act only to be away when its fate is decided.”

 - Padmé Amidala, Naboo senator

For the first time in her short life of fourteen years, Ahsoka was unsure of what to say. Master Skywalker had told her that Kemberli had lost her memory. It was weird, looking through the door at the older Padawan and knowing so much about her, when she herself knew nothing about herself. Ahsoka couldn't imagine what it would be like to forget her Jedi training, or Master Skyguy, or Captain Rex, or Christophsis. To completely lose such a huge piece of your identity must be awful... Ahsoka was at a loss for words.

Taking a deep breath, trying to fight down her awkwardness, she walked tentatively into the room. Kemberli, legs crossed and head bowed in meditation, didn't notice her approach.

"Kemberli?" Ahsoka said tentatively. Kemberli stirred, opening her eyes. Though Ahsoka had been bracing herself for this, she was still unsettled by the lack of recognition in her friend's eyes.

"Yes?" Kemberli spoke the word softly.

"Um, I'm Ahsoka Tano..." Ahsoka fumbled for more words. Kemberli didn't seem to notice, though, and her face lit up.

"Oh, Ahsoka! General Skywalker told me about how we fought together."

Ahsoka relaxed and returned the girl's smile. Kemberli was still there, with that beautiful, welcoming smile. Many of the other Padawans said that Kemberli Danoirr was cold, and some even went so far as to say that she was like a mini-Windu. Ahsoka had to admit that she had shared their opinion at first, but when Master Riü Lockstiyr died and Yoda sent Kemberli with her to Christophsis to meet their new Masters, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, she had changed her opinion rather quickly. It was true that Kemberli didn't say much, but she was loyal beyond belief, beyond even the dictates of the Jedi Code. Her Force signature had been powerful, almost overwhelming, but warm and kind. And when she fought.... She was simply spectacular. Ahsoka despaired of ever achieving the same prowess that Kemberli showed.

Ahsoka was startled by a sudden flash of guilt in the Force, emanating from Kemberli.

"What's wrong?" She couldn't stop herself asking.

Kemberli shook her head. "Ahsoka, I'm really sorry... I don't remember you..."

"Come on, Kembi, it's not your fault," protested Ahsoka. She clapped her hands over her mouth as she realized, too late, her use of the nickname she had dubbed Kemberli with. She grimaced ever so slightly as Kemberli stared at her in what she hoped was only interest. Before, Kemberli had only smiled and accepted the nickname graciously. She wasn't sure how Kemberli would react now that she didn't remember.