Chapter 19: In the Den of the Enemy

Here is Chapter 19. Sorry for taking so long, the last chapter definitely was NOT the end, even though it must have seemed like it... But thank you all for your patience! I appreciate that you're still eagerly waiting for a new chapter even though I always take forever to upload. But not anymore! I'll update again in 2 weeks.

I hope you guys like it! I really enjoyed writing these chapters and your feedback is really encouraging. Your comments are great, they make me smile. :)

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

----------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 19: IN THE DEN OF THE ENEMY

“Release all attachment, you must. Only then freedom from fear will you find.”

 - Yoda, Jedi Grand Master

I couldn't believe I hadn't gone back to the Executor. I couldn't believe I was actually surrounded by Jedi, my dire enemies, and that I couldn't fight them! Most of all, I couldn't believe I was actually speaking with Obi-Wan Kenobi. What he was saying made no sense whatsoever... Was he actually implying that I had fought on Christophsis and Teth? That I had fought in the Clone Wars? Preposterous! It was too much to accept all at once.

"Oh, mercy..." said Obi-Wan, visibly shaken. I didn't respond. As a Jedi, I wanted to fight him... but I definitely couldn't in this position. The best way to work through this situation was to play along, and I reluctantly admitted that, with my history as a Jedi, that wouldn't be too difficult. In any case, this was unbelievable. And how could Obi-Wan be my Master? Not him! Darth Vader was my only Master. And Darth Vader was... Anakin Skywalker. There was no doubt about it. It felt terribly awkward to be in his presence, when he didn't know me, and wasn't even a Sith.

He was standing beyond hearing distance outside the transparisteel walls. He looked worried. Worried about me? I warmed with gratitude, perhaps a bit too much, but I was uncomfortable at the same time. Darth Vader would never be worried. I sensed that for however long I would be stuck here in the past, with no idea what was going on, I would never be able to look at Anakin as Skywalker and not Vader.

He smiled when he saw me looking at him, and I looked away, suddenly feeling shy. Thankfully, Obi-Wan spoke again before I could berate myself for not making sense.

"What's the last thing you remember?" he asked.

I winced. "Coming out of meditation, Master."

Obi-Wan dropped his forehead on his hand. He tried not to make it obvious, but I noticed his anxiety anyways. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to know more. I wanted to understand who the Kemberli who was his Padawan was. This was so confusing... Theoretically, this shouldn't even be happening! I sighed and hugged my knees to my chest, feeling a bit dizzy even after Vokura Che's healing trance. My exhaustion was almost gone, but the Jedi technique had left a strange wooziness  in my limbs. Ugh... I hadn't even needed her help.

"Is there anything you can do for her, Master Che?" Obi-Wan finally said, turning to the Twi'Lek.

"I'm afraid I can't do anything until we have the cause of her amnesia, Master Kenobi," came the woman's apologetic answer. She seemed worried, almost as worried as Obi-Wan. "And even then, I'm not certain I can do anything. Amnesia is very rare among Jedi."

I didn't move. Neither did Obi-Wan. Master Che came over, touched my forehead with those unnaturally cool fingers, then tsked and pushed me down onto my back.