Chapter 1: Steps Down the Dark Path

Hi! Here's the second chapter... Dedicated to ronderu, my first fan! <3 <3

Oh in the previous chapter Darth Vader used Sith lightning, which in fact he's not able to use.... So don't worry he's not going to use it ever again! ^^

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

-------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1: STEPS DOWN THE DARK PATH

“Forced into the dark side one is not; choose that path one must.”

 - Yoda, Jedi Grand Master

It took me a long time to decide what to do after that fateful day on Aetheria.

I was alone, the sole survivor of all the Jedi that had been multiplying on this planet. Vader's words echoed in my mind, eating me up day and night. There was not much I could remember of those days. I only knew that I was crazed with grief, anger, and confusion. I didn't know what to do. I wanted so badly to avenge my mentor's death, but something inside me urged me to comply with Vader's words. Part of me would have rather died than affiliate myself with the Sith, but another part of me longed to gain the same strength that Vader defeated me with. I knew that if I didn't become stronger, I couldn't avenge Master Yurlon's death... And the only one I knew who could nurture my skills was Vader.

I was tortured.

But finally, after many sleepless nights and fevered days, I made up my mind. And that decision brought me to the edge of the galaxy, searching, as I had been searching for many weeks, for Lord Vader, the Sith who I had decided to take as my master. I found it hard to believe that I had actually been risking my life looking for the most feared Sith in the entire galaxy. I remembered clearly the fear that had completely paralyzed my body when he had grabbed my arm and looked at my eyes. I shuddered, imagining the steel grip of his hand, and that deathlike glare of his helmet visor. But when I remembered his promise of power, and the way he had been so sure about the tattoos on my body, my fear stabilized a little.

For my entire life of seventeen years, I had been needing to know more about who I was. Like who had been my father... Why had I been born with markings like these... Why I was so strong in the Force. Master Yurlon had taught me well... But, even during his life, I had felt as if he hadn't told me everything he happened to know about me. He had promised to tell me more once I was better trained, but he had died... And Darth Vader seemed to know about my tattoos. That knowledge could only mean that he knew who I truly was, and I had to admit to myself that that is but one thing that attracted me to him. Not to mention a better mastery of the Force, even if I would be learning in the dark side.

Thinking about these dark things began making me uncomfortable, so I stood up from the chair I had been sitting in for the past three hours. I was immediately reminded of my predicament, and I almost growled aloud with impatience. I was in Cloud City above Bespin, a gas giant in the Mid Rim. I had come to this bar, the Vapour Room, expecting to meet a certain stormtrooper with whom my last contact hooked me up. What frustrated me was that he had promised to meet me here at six, and it was already nine. I was losing precious time, and I risked catching unneeded attention from the Imperial Senate's agents. Nothing could be more suspicious to them than a Jedi apprentice searching for Lord Vader... Which is why I had killed my last contact.

The things I had been stooping to made me uneasy when I thought of Master Yurlon. I knew for certain that he would tell me that I was behaving more and more like an agent of the Sith. What bothered me more, though, was that I... didn't feel that bad about it. In fact, when I was honest with myself, I didn't know if what I really wanted was to avenge Master Yurlon. As time passed, I found myself thinking more and more about the power that I would gain from training with Vader, and less and less about avenging Yurlon. I loved feeling the Force mold itself around my consciousness and hearing its silent voice offering itself to me to direct as I will... It was a sensation that I never told Yurlon about, and I was certain that he didn't feel it himself. Strangely, I felt as if I could tell Vader about it, even though I still feared himfrom the very depths of my heart. All I knew was that I would have to be very careful around him if I was to gain his favour.