Chapter 17: Confusion

So I've decided to go back to waiting for reads before updating, since I'm running out of pre-written chapters. I need some more time on writing new material... >_< Sorry about that, guys. I'm sure you'll understand. :)

5000 reads is my goal for the next chapter. We'll see how that goes. :)

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

-----------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 17: CONFUSION

“I don’t believe in this war. I don’t believe that we Jedi are fighting for the right things. Our ideals, the ideals of the Republic, are slipping away in all this violence. I fight not for the Republic, but for the innocent people that we have sworn to protect.”

 - Riü Lockstiyr, Jedi Knight

The Force energies around me shifted so much and so suddenly that I jerked my eyes open. I was greeted by the complaints of my tired body, but no longer were my hands chained down. Instead I was sitting cross-legged with my hands clasped on my lap. I looked around myself in wonder. Rather than the pitch darkness and utter coldness of Vader's Force-repelling pit, I was surrounded by green life. A waterfall sang nearby; exactly where, I didn't know. And instead of claustrophobic emptiness, the Force was warm with other presences. Other consciousnesses. I focused on them, and was repulsed to find that they belonged to Jedi. And if they were Jedi, then...

My mouth fell open. Though a wall  - covered with delicate vines - and a door hid the rest of the building from sight, there was no mistaking the way this building spoke.

This was the Jedi temple.

This was the Jedi temple back in the days of the Jedi. Back before the issue of Order 66... Back when... When? When was this vision taking place? For this was a vision, clearly. But it was different from my other visions. In those, whether I watched as an observer or I was reliving the memory, I knew what was happening and what was going to happen. I couldn't move my body of its own accord. I only moved through the exact same movements as I had during the true occurrence. And, of course, I remembered the event clearly.

In this vision, though? None of that applied. Already I knew that I could move my body on my own, and this definitely was no memory of mine. So this was a whole new different kind of vision... A vision that showed me the past where I had never been. I decided to play along and see what would happen. See what this vision had to show me. See what I could learn from this epoch prior to the founding of the Galactic Empire.

I looked around my room once again. It appeared to be some sort of meditation chamber, walled off to provide privacy. The plants and the water, though, were not caged in, but were part of a larger arboretum that encompassed much more, if I remembered the schematics of the Jedi temple correctly. Then I must be in the Jedi Halls of Healing. The light was dim, suggesting the approach of nightfall. I was wearing a grey, war-worn tunic, and black leggings. Over this was a grey cloak that smelled of blasterfire. What? Blasterfire? I hadn't been in a blaster fight.

I didn't understand precisely what kind of vision this was.

I decided to let my mind wander into the Force. The instant I did, a presence - so near, so very, very near - leaped out at me. Clamouring for my attention. I knew that presence, knew it very well. No one else sent out such a dark shimmer of confidence, power, and turmoil as did Vader. I didn't stop to think about the implications of Vader being here. Anything could happen in a vision, right? All I knew was that Vader was here, his energy thrumming through the Force and drawing me in like a magnet. There was no question of ignoring him.

I jumped to my feet, swayed a little as the hurts of my body expressed themselves eloquently, then hurried at the door. I slid it open with a hand. A black-hooded figure passed just outside the threshold. That was him... That was my lord! Not heeding the fact, the little fact that he hadn't turned, hadn't noticed me, I rushed, as respectfully as possible in my haste, to follow him.