Chapter 2: My Dark Master

Chapter 2, finally! Enjoy, guys! ^^

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

---------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 2: MY DARK MASTER

“Two Sith at a time: no more, no less. One to possess the power, the other to lust after it.”

 - Darth Bane, Sith lord

Silence wrapped around me, threatening to suffocate me. It was too quiet in the cockpit of my ship. My right hand rested on the flight controls even though I was running on autopilot, and my left hand traced an absent-minded line around the outside of the computer screen.

This was Master Yurlon's ship, the Star Princess, which he had stolen from an Imperial shipyard, and which I inherited as his Padawan. She was a middle-sized starship, built for both transport and combat. Situated at the very front of the vessel, the cockpit was large enough to stand up in and to store supplies. Behind the cockpit were the secondary chambers. There was a bathroom, a small meditation room, a hold, a bunkroom with two bunks, and, of course, the hold. Currently I had a few packages of firearms and victuals stored in the hold, as well as everything that Yurlon left me. The Princess also had fold-away missile launchers and self-regenerating energy beamers. Ten miniature turbo-boosters and four large nuclear turbines provided her with the means to travel at speeds of up to ten times the speed of light. She also had a top-class cloaking system. On the outside, the Princess was a sleek black highlighted with streaks of silver. The windows were tinted black, and her wings were streamlined. In short, she was a beautiful vessel and I was very happy to have inherited her.

I cruised at five times the speed of light through a sparsely populated region of the Outer Rim. The hum of the hyperdrives threatened to lull me to sleep, but my destination was flashing on the navicomp screen, forcing me to stay alert. Soon the Princess would exit hyperspace and I would have to fly her manually.

Stretching my arms over my head, I stood up and walked to the back of the cockpit, where the armour that I had bought in Cloud City hung from the wall. I pulled a black tank top over my head to cover my bare skin. My lightsabers rested on the ledge just under my armour, and, softly, I stroked my hands over them. It was strange... One lightsaber was from Master Yurlon, a Jedi knight of the noblest descent, while the other was from Darth Vader, a Sith lord from the darkest possible past. Two very different warriors, indeed dire enemies to one another... An eerie feeling suddenly seeped through my veins. A haunting premonition flashed through my mind, whispering to me that perhaps, I was the ultimate incarnation of Jedi and Sith in one person.

Angrily I clenched my fist and shook myself. What foolish thoughts! Nothing mattered but becoming stronger... Whatever morals were implied by my choice of path was not important in the least. I ignored the guilt itching away at my conscience and snatched the lightsabers into my hands, flicking them on and slashing them several times through the air. They hummed and buzzed through the air, and I smiled in satisfaction. Turning them off, I hooked them on my belt. I shrugged on my outer tunic and fastened the clasps firmly. The navicomp began to squeal as I strapped on the last few pieces of body armour to my shoulders. Rushing over to the pilot's seat, I pressed a few buttons then grabbed the controls in my wrapped hands.

Gritting my teeth, I fought the nausea as the ship suddenly slowed from five times the speed of light to a manoeuvrable velocity of 500 km/hr. Once the ship reached a stable speed, the blurring of the universe around me cleared to reveal a large red nebula. In this cloud of stardust was where I would find Vader's hideout, according to my coordinates. As I flew nearer and nearer, my heart beat faster in anticipation. So close now... After all those weeks of searching and searching and risking my neck countless times, I was almost at my goal.