Chapter 11: Venture into the Past

Hey! I finally reached 500 reads. So happy!!! ^_^ My next goal for chapter 12 is 650 reads and 20 votes. Just 5 more votes people! And I'm still waiting for that first comment, so I can dedicate a chapter to someone!

Please show some support for SW: DODF by voting and commenting! Remember, Chapter 12 won't be put up until I get 20 votes. So please, help me! <3

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

--------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 11: VENTURE INTO THE PAST

"The Temple is my home, the Jedi my family."

 - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master

"Goodbye, Drunken Ewoks."

The words barely out of my mouth, I flipped the switch on the explosive activator in my hand. From the lower levels of Coruscant, the dull booms of faraway explosions vibrated the air. I stood on the roof of a skyscraper located a safe distance away from the DE HQ, but from which the doomed building was visible. Behind me Caryoliss, Sarge, and our small company stood in formation.

Unknown to the captives within the DE skyscraper, late last night Caryoliss and his troops had descended in the Star Princess deep into the underbelly of Coruscant. They took the explosives I had packed into my ship's hold and rigged the foundations of the skyscraper with enough firepower to bring the entire building down. The lower levels of Coruscant were not patrolled regularly, and even if they had been, no one would have seen my troops at work; they were equipped with some of the highest calibre cloaking suits in the Empire. Thanks to these cloaks, not even the security cams caught my men.

I had told the captive members of CURS to wait inside the building until I returned within an hour. Then I had met Caryoliss and my troops with the ships and had come to the top of this skyscraper. With the destruction of the main core computer, the computers in all the other CURS stations across Coruscant would be fried as well. The police of Coruscant would never find the perpetrators behind the explosion of the DE Head Factory. Everything was in place, and I had plenty of time before I had to return to Vader.

A loud groan went up from the building of interest. I felt immensely satisfied as the entire edifice shuddered from top to bottom hidden within the hideous smog that coated the lower levels of the planet. Then, as explosions continued to resonate from the depths of the city, the structure sagged downwards. Durasteel bent and snapped. Chunks of permacrete broke off and tumbled down into darkness. A dark cloud of dust rose up into the atmosphere, colouring the single layer of clouds muddy.

Klaxons blared, but their ear-piercing wail was drowned out by the screams that erupted from every building in the sector. The police and fireships would be rushing to the scene soon. I signalled for the troopers behind me to get into the Star Princess, but for a moment I lingered outside. I closed my eyes, feeling the repercussions of death rippling through the fabric of the Force. The sheer amount of death reverberating from the collapsing building was unbelievably powerful. To a Jedi the sensation would have been crippling, but to me it was only invigorating. It fed my bloodlust and proved to me just how powerful I really was. I relished in the feeling of death even as I reopened my eyes and retreated into the Star Princess.

"Mission complete," I told the troopers as I passed through the hall into the cockpit. "You did well. Thanks for your good work."

"No problem, sir," they replied as one, then all grinned. I shared a smiled with them before going to sit in the pilot's seat. The Star Princess was already up and running, so I simply took the controls and lifted her off the permacrete roof. I activated her cloaking system. A hum vibrated the ship as the stygium crystals took effect, hiding the Princess from sight. I flew slowly over the wreckage of the still-crumbling skyscraper. The scanners picked up a few weak traces of life, but I knew from the Force that no one would survive the building's collapse. I turned the Princess away from the damaged structure.