Chapter 6: Secret Rebellion

Hey everyone who's been faithfully following the saga of Darth Kemberli! I just have to point out... I wrote this and following chapters before I realized that after Order 66 was passed, Coruscant was renamed Imperial Center. Oh well.... Eventually I'll change it, just like eventually I'll change the prologue so that Darth Vader doesn't use Sith lightning.

Vote/comment please if you're liking it so far! I'll be sure to look at your stories too, there isn't much I don't like to read :3

Kimmy (AKA DarthKemberli)

-----------------------------------

CHAPTER 6: SECRET REBELLION

“The Empire has encroached on our freedom, our rights, and our very lives. Stand with me, fellow beings! Together we can regain the galaxy and return diplomacy to our worlds. Together we can overthrow the Empire and establish a New Republic!”

 - Leon Tartei, CURS leader

Time passed. Under Lord Vader's watchful eye I slowly drew my powers further and further under my control. I oversaw certain tasks on the Executor. While doing so I discovered that I was adept at mechanics, and with this newfound skill I helped repair many malfunctions on the starship. I did many missions for Lord Vader, hunting down spies and assassinating characters dangerous to the Empire. I spent much time flying through the galaxy on my own, away from the Executor. Besides Li and Rubees, however, I wasn't sent to kill any more Jedi. This frustrated me, because as I became more and more attuned to the Force, I could sense that there were still Jedi that had yet to be found. And yet Vader made no move against them.

"Master, I know there are still Jedi out there," I said one day when I was back on the Executor after running an errand on Cato Neimoidia. "I can feel them."

"When my spies locate them, I will send you to eliminate them," Vader replied. He didn't seem too worried, as if the existence of the Jedi was nothing to be concerned about.

"But Master!" I protested. It repulsed me to even imagine a Jedi loose in the galaxy. In hiding, yes, but still loose. "I can sense them. I could find them for you!"

"Wait till my spies locate them," said Vader again. I opened my mouth to protest again, but I was silenced when Vader stopped and turned to me, raising one finger in an emphatic gesture. "In the meantime I have other, more pressing matters for you, Kemberli."

I bowed my head. I wanted to protest some more, but I knew it was a bad idea. I grudgingly admitted to myself that though I wanted to purge the galaxy of the errors of the Jedi, I wanted to fight them mainly to test my own powers in a true fight. I was powerful enough now to know that I could never lose to a Jedi, and I felt humbled when I realized that I was putting my own wishes above those of my master.

As if he could read my mind, Vader spoke. "If testing your abilities is what you wish, then you will appreciate your next mission."

"What is it, Master?" I asked, my curiousity instantly perked.

"I want you to go to Coruscant."

"Coruscant?" My jaw almost dropped. The Imperial Capital? Where the Emperor himself resided? The one place that I should be avoiding? "Why Coruscant, Master?"

"There is an anti-Imperial society developing in secret on Coruscant," said Vader. "They must be eliminated before they become a threat to the Empire. You may look at their profile in my database under this code" - he handed me a small slip of flimsiplast with the digits IR91023 - "for the details."