dandelions

imagine if JJ asks you to be his girlfriend.

warning: swearing

Ruth B. - Dandelions
and i've heard of a love
that comes once in a lifetime
and i'm pretty sure that you
are that love of mine

You and JJ had been talking for some time now and you could happily admit that you were falling for the Pogue. Every time you thought of him or someone brought him up, it would immediately bring a smile to your face. The only thing that made you wonder was that if he returned the feeling.

You hoped and prayed all the time that it wasn't unrequited and that he actually liked you back.

You were sitting in your sitting room watching TV when you felt your phone vibrate from the table in front. You sighed before leaning forwards and grabbing onto your phone. You gripped onto the remote to mute whatever you were watching and looked at the electronic in your other hand.

JJ
can you meet me at the beach in an hour?

You smiled to yourself at the text yet you also wondered about what he wanted. You began to think of many scenarios in your head about what he wanted. Did he want to tell you that he hated you? Maybe just to hang out and surf all day? Whatever it was, you knew you wanted to find out.

You exhaled another breath before getting up and putting your phone in your back pocket. JJ said the beach, so maybe a flowy dress would work. You walked to your room and to your closet to pick your outfit.

After many decision makings, you picked out a white dress with your sneakers. You left your hair out since it actually looked decent today, which was relatively new and shocking at the same time. After you looked in the mirror and did some check ups, you nodded at yourself and walked to the beach.

When you got there, you couldn't see any sign of JJ. You were walking along the sand and you could hear the waves blaring into your ears. The cascading of the water made your stressed out feelings and thoughts wash away.

It was completely calming yet quiet too until you saw something in the distance. You saw some fairy lights that were reflecting on a figure. You squinted your eyes to see a guy waving at you from afar. You smiled at yourself when you saw the familiar blonde hair.

"HEY!" You heard JJ's voice shout from the extent of the beach.

"HI!" It was your turn to reply back. You began to run to him when you saw him doing the same thing with a goofy smile on his face. You slightly chuckled under your breath before retracting back to the boy that was a few feat away from you. After you were both close enough, you engulfed each other in a tight hug. You pulled away after a couple of seconds, JJ's eyes immediately roaming all over your body.

"Wow..." He was shocked. Utterly. You loved the feeling of having a soft spot for him, it made you feel in control. And you liked that with one sudden movement, JJ would be drooling over you.
"You look... amazing."

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself," You held your hand up from his head and lowered it all the way down to his feet, indicating that he looked very nice and spiffy in his suit. It kind of made you want to go and change into something more fancy but hearing the way JJ liked your outfit, you didn't care anymore.

"So, why am I here?" You asked the question that was stuck in your mind since the text appeared on your phone; it was almost like it was eating you up.