we don't talk anymore

imagine if you overdosed because you couldn't handle the breakup and jj found you.

warning: mentions of suicide/overdose/pills

•first person - wanted to change it up a bit
•'i' 'my' etc
• pronoun - 'her' 'she' etc

Charlie Puth - We Don't Talk Anymore
i overdosed
should've known your love was a game
now i can't get you out of my brain
oh, it's such a shame that
we don't talk anymore

Me and JJ were inseparable. He loved me like no one ever had. I was so grateful; I cherished every moment of our relationship.

But the only moment that I wish I could erase from my memory was the break up.

We talked it out for ages. Tears falling down our cheeks. We thought it was a good decision for us because we weren't making each other that happy anymore.

But that was the biggest regret ever made.

I couldn't handle the constant pain that was drowning my thoughts. The time I was in my bathroom, alone. Never did I imagine me doing what I did.

I stared at the yellow bottle of pills that were on the bathroom sink's counter. They were shouting my name, attempting to convince me to grip onto them, open them and swallow those damn pills.

Nothing else mattered that night; my already tear stained cheek was being drained by more. My feelings even were being overpowered by the multiple voices in my head telling me to do horrible things.

But as I said. Nothing else mattered.

-PRESENT TENSE-

I looked at the bottle on more time before stumbling over to the sink. I didn't hesitate anymore, so I took a deep breath and grabbed onto them. I opened the bottle and looked inside.

It was completely full to the brim of pills and every single one of them were desperate to be inside of me. I didn't want to wait any longer, so I raised it up in the air in front of me.

I looked in the mirror and all I could see was a reflection. Not me.

This wasn't me. The old me wouldn't even go near drugs. But here I was, a couple of seconds away from killing myself. A sob suddenly escaped my lips as I took another chance to look at myself.

I can't believe I was doing this. But there was also a part of me that felt sort of free. Like when I finally swallow them, I will feel a sense of hope for my future, just not in the real world. Nor with JJ.

I repeatedly shook my head before tilting my head back and making sure that every single one of those pills travelled through my mouth. Once I knew every one of them were out the bottle, by shaking it, I threw the container behind me.

I didn't dare to look at myself in the mirror otherwise I know I would spit them out like a coward. I needed to do this. I needed to escape my trauma and pain. It was the right thing to do for me.

My energy was slowly dissipating away from my body. It was a good feeling:

I loved the knowing that I was finally going to be me. Like how I could wash away every single one of my sins in a hopeful way.

But what I failed to notice was that the boy that was no longer mine was walking to my house to try to fix us.

-JJ'S POV-

I regretted every moment of it. We thought that the best thing for our relationship was to end it, but it wasn't. It only made me want her even more.

I was walking to her house to try and fix things. I just hope that she agrees with me and we can be back together again. I don't know what I'll do if she doesn't want me back, I'll be nothing without her.

I finally got to her home and walked in. It was quiet, silent even. Normally she was dancing in the kitchen, cleaning her house, or blasting music that echoed through the house.

So when I can't hear anything, the vibe was immediately off.

"Y/n?" I shouted out but could only hear it resonate through the atmosphere. No reply meant I yelled it out again, but then it was just silent once more. So instead of yelping out, I decided to look around.

I checked every room except for one. The bathroom door was completely closed, but the lock wasn't.

I have a bad pain in my heart about this, like something was about to happen. But I don't know what, but what I do know is that I want to find the hell out.

I exhaled a deep breath that I didn't realise I was holding in before running to the door. Without any more delay, I pushed open the door.

And there she was; Y/n's limp body on the floor. She was pale white, her mouth open agape and eyes rolled to the back of her head. I could tell she was breathing, but barely.

"Y/N!" I shouted as I ran over to her. I laid her body on mine, her head resting on my lap. Tears quickly swelled up in my eyes.

I stroked her hair whilst whispering sweet words in the air, "Y/n, please don't leave me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I love you! Y-y/n, stay with me!"

No response.

Devastation.

That's the only emotion I could feel as I pushed my hands repeatedly on her chest.

"Come on! Come on, wake up, Y/n," I muttered out of breath since I kept giving her mouth-to-mouth.

I kept on going until I pressed my ear to her chest. It was not rising anymore. There was no more breath inside of her.

She isn't waking up.

Y/n is dead.

And I can't do anything to change it.