deja vu

imagine if you find JJ with someone else doing the things you used to do after your break up.

warning: swearing

e/c = eye colour

Olivia Rodrigo - deja vu
that was our place, i found it first
i made the jokes you tell to her
when she's with you,
do you get deja vu when she's with you?

JJ and you were the couple around the Cut. Everyone knew you we're together and no one dared to intervene with your relationship because they knew you were perfect for each other. Some people even assumed you guys were soulmates, and to be honest, you agreed. Until the day it was all over.

JJ broke up with you for no reason, it broke your heart. Never did you think the most important person in your life would leave you. But the fact that you didn't even get a reason, only hurt even more. But what hurts even more is the fact that you think you will never stop loving him. You were afraid that he doesn't love you anymore, maybe even never loved you in the first place.

It was a moody morning in the Outer Banks. You were planning on going on a walk to clear your mind, since you terribly needed it. You made sure to notice all of the other Pogues before walking out the Chateau with your hands in your pockets.

You had no idea where you were actually going so you were letting your mind take you on a journey. Your brain fully took control of your body, letting it move around wherever it wanted. After what felt like ages, you reached the beach. Your eyebrows knotted together before you walked down the small hill that was attached to the beach.

When you ran down the hill, you immediately felt the sand that seeped through your toes. You looked up at the beautiful sun that was slowly setting. An orange tone of colour amazed your vision. The view was truly magnificent, but the feeling you were getting was not.

You suddenly got a pain in your heart. You remembered the day when you and your ex boyfriend JJ used to go on beach strolls in the night. Looking up at the sunset together, kissing one another like there was no tomorrow. You were never able to do that again. Feel like that again.

You shook your head as you mumbled to yourself, "don't."

All you wanted was a nice walk down the beach and you were ruining it for yourself. So, you dragged your feet along the sand, hearing the waves crash together. A smile appeared on your face when you knew the negativity was washed away like the shells being drowned by the waves.

Memories with you at your best appeared in your mind, like flashbacks with smiles on your feature.

But all the positivity broke yet again when you looked in the distance. 2 figures were dancing together on the beach. Hand in hand, lips touching. You didn't think much of it until you heard the name,

"JJ! No, stop!" A female voice giggled in the air. You froze. That name hasn't been voiced in a long time and now that you're hearing it aloud, it broke you. But what hurt even more was the fact that another girl was saying it.

You turned around and walked closer to the 2 people. JJ had his arms wrapped around the mystery girl as she tried to get out of his grasp. When she realised she wouldn't win, she stopped laughing and faced him. JJ loosened his grip on her, and rested one of his free hands on her cheek. He bent down and placed a kiss on her lips.