grenade

imagine if JJ told you he never loved you.

warning: swearing

Bruno Mars - Grenade
if my body was on fire
oh, you'd watch me burn down in flames
you said you loved me, you're a liar
cause you never, ever, ever did, baby?

JJ always treated you like you were a queen. Like if you ever wanted something, he would do everything he could to get it for you. But that changed when you had that talk in the rain. That was a conversation that you will never forget.

JJ had been ignoring you a lot lately and you didn't know why. It annoyed you more than anything but it also concerned you. Maybe he was going through something and you weren't there for him. Maybe he was grieving over a traumatic thing that happened with his dad. But whatever it was; you wanted to find out.

You were walking to the Chateau when you felt something drip on your head. It was a liquid substance which you slowly found out was rain. You sighed in defeat before looking forwards to see that you finally reached your destination. The Chateau looked less like home for some strange reason; it normally gave you the most positive feeling whenever you went there with the Pogues.

It looked bland. It looked like how you were feeling. From the distance, you could see a figure sitting on the seat on the front porch. You squinted your eyes to readjust your vision when you saw a head of blonde hair. That's when you realised who it was. The guy who was neglecting you.

JJ Maybank.

He seemed to have a feeling that somebody was watching him when he turned his head to the side and saw your eyes beading into his ocean ones. You couldn't see, but he raised his eyebrows in surprise before jumping up and running over to you. You wanted to back away, you wanted to run back to your house and never talk to him again. You wanted to ghost him like he did to you. But you couldn't. You didn't have it in you.

"Y/n?!" He shouted as he reached you. You were standing opposite one another. You held a sad but worried face yet he was there emotionless. Like his soul was no longer inside his body.

"Yeah..." He put his hands in his pockets with guilt now written all over his features. This made you even more confused why he was changing his emotions. All you wanted was for him to talk to you, communicate with you. And he didn't. And what annoyed you the most was that you didn't know why.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

You knitted your eyebrows together, "I didn't know I needed a reason to see my boyfriend."

JJ's left eye twitched as you spoke that word aloud.

'Boyfriend'. It seemed like he had to have a reaction when you said that.

"What?" You asked. He looked up from the wet ground to looked deep into your eyes.

"What?" He repeated your words but in a more angry tone. You backed away a little just from the aggressive contentment he gave you.

"N-nothing," You now put your own hands in your pockets but not with guilt, but with more sadness and with a scared face.

"Why are you backing away from me?" He began to raise his tone making you step away from him more. This only egged him on to get closer to your figure and have more of an angry face.

"I'm not..." You muttered under your breath. Obviously you could tell what you were doing but at the same time, your head space was attempting to be anywhere apart from there. It was making you more uncomfortable and scared; which was the exact opposite feeling you wanted to feel when you were with JJ. The guy you loved.

"You are! Look at you!" He realised what he was doing and backed away. He took a deep breath and broke the eye contact with you. It went from cruel to emotionless quick, only making you more concerned.

You now walked closer to him and he stepped away from you. The roles reversed yet the emotions did not.

"JJ-" You began speaking when JJ cut you off.

"I'm sorry," He murmured. You knitted your brows together in complete confusion. It was strange that he could change the way he acts so quickly.

"Sorry for what?"

"For lying to you," Your eyes were wide and your mouth was slightly open agape with his words.

"What did you lie about, JJ?" He now looked up at you before taking a deep breath.

"I lied about loving you..."

You stepped back in shock. Never had JJ ever acted like he had just then. Like he never loved you. Like whatever you had was fake and nothing. Like it was unrequited; you were the only one that loved in the relationship.

"W-what?" JJ rapidly shook his head as he tried to grab your arms in which you snatched them away.
"NO!" He flinched back which was noticeable. You ignored him since you were too upset.

"Y/n-"

"So you're telling me our whole relationship was fake?!" You were sad. You were confused and you were pissed. JJ nodded his head in shame.

"You asshole! How fucking dare you lead me on for months just to fucking tell me that you were faking it! You son of a bitch."

You didn't feel bad you only felt grief.

"If I was alone, you would only think about yourself! If I died you would only think about the next chick to fuck! You don't give a shit about me, you never did," JJ didn't dare to look you in the eye. You could tell he felt guilty yet you didn't believe him. He already lied, why wouldn't he lie again?

"I'm sorry..." He repeated yet you just shook your head.

"You're not sorry, you're just a liar."