Chapter 3

Toni's P.O.V.

There were five of them in total, and all of them looked like angels. Every single one of them had pale, flawless skin, golden eyes, and inhumane beauty. Although they shared these traits, their other features varied.

There looked to be two couples, each couple holding hands. The first couple consisted of a monstrous boy and a beautiful girl. He looked more like a man due to the muscle mass that bulged beneath his tight-fitting shirt and his height. He had black, short hair that curled at the ends and contrasted against his pale skin, and he had a smile plastered on his face. All in all, he looked like a smaller, friendlier version of the Incredible Hulk. His girlfriend, I presumed, had a toned, hourglass figure and long, blonde hair that almost reached her waist. Her face bore a frown, and she looked like she was frustrated with me. All in all, she looked like she belonged on the runway rather than in Forks High School. Both seemed to be a perfect match for each other, or at least they looked like the perfect cliché, popular couple.

The next couple consisted of an awkward boy and a cheerful girl. The boy was tall and had chin-length, blonde hair that was parted to the side. His face was contorted into an expression similar to one of pain, and he was clutching the girl's hand tightly. He had perfect posture and a fair amount of muscle to his body. The girl was short with equally short, black hair that spiked outwards. All her features were small, including her nose and her ears. Her small-like frame and the constant smile painted across her features caused her to resemble a pixie. She was on the opposite side of the spectrum compared to her female blonde counterpart, but she was beautiful nonetheless. Again, the two teens in front of me seemed to be a perfect match.

The only single one of the bunch looked to be the youngest of them all. He had messy, bronze hair that looked like he just got out of bed. He had a little bit of muscle, making him the leanest out of the boys. He was the shortest of the boys, as well, but he was still a handful of inches taller than me. His eyes held recognition in them, and his mouth was set into a crooked smile.

The Cullens.

That was the first name that popped into my head. I had heard from Charlie about some miracle doctor moving to Forks a few years ago with his wife and adopted children. I had never seen them, though, so to say I was shocked about their looks would have been an understatement. I didn't think I remembered their names, though, as they were uncommon.

I went to stand up as the youngest boy held his hand out for me. I looked at his hand, then at his face, and took his hand as a smile graced my face. He hauled me up effortlessly and kept hold of my hand. His hand was cold, like ice, but it felt nice against my warm one. I felt a warm, tingly feeling run through my hand and up my arm and shivered slightly.

"Hello."

One simple word that had me nervously racking my brain for something to say. His voice was soft and velvety, like the type of music I listened to when I relaxed. I quickly realized that I had yet to say something and was still holding his hand. Embarrassed, I dropped his hand and settled on a simple, "Hi."

He frowned as I let go of his hand until understanding clouded his features.

"Hi, I'm Alice Cullen," the pixie-haired girl introduced herself.

"I'm Toni Swan."

"This is my sister Rosalie and my brother Emmett," she said while pointing to the blonde girl and the burly boy, both smiling a little cautiously at me, "this is my boyfriend Jasper," she continued as she gestured to the blonde attached to her hip, "and this is Edward," she finished as she pointed to the bronze-haired boy who had switched his frown for a small smile.

He had a nice smile.

"It's nice to meet you," I said with a genuine smile. I thrust my hand forward and waited for someone to shake it. When no one said or did anything, my smile dropped, as well as my hand, and I took a step back.