Chapter 21

Toni's P.O.V.

"We have a problem," Emmett interrupted Rosalie. Rosalie looked up at him in irritation, while I hid my face in embarrassment. I didn't want all of them finding out about Dean at once and I feared Emmett had heard everything.

"Bella's outside. She knows."

"What do you mean 'she knows'?" I asked him. I looked to Rosalie for help, but soon realized I would receive none. She looked angry and I knew if Bella didn't leave soon, I would become an only child.

"How did she find out!" Rosalie screamed as she flew out of her seat and started pacing back and forth in front of me. Emmett, who looked paler than he usually was, went over to comfort her.

"I'm not sure, Rose. She didn't elaborate. All she said was that if she wasn't let in, she would tell the town our secret. What should we do?" Emmett asked. "Edward and Cece are out hunting, Carlisle is at work, Esme is at the store, and-"

"We came as fast as we could."

We looked up to see Alice and Jasper enter the room. Alice looked frantic and Jasper looked as mad as Rosalie. Rosalie stalked towards Alice and gripped the front of her shirt in her hands. She immediately let go, though, after Jasper let out a warning growl.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Rosalie asked angrily.

"Jasper and I were already in Port Angeles when I received the vision. My gift isn't used to Bella yet, so my visions come a little late when she is involved," she explained. "As soon as I had it, we raced home."

"Did anyone contact Carlisle?" Jasper asked. All of us shook our head 'no' and Jasper sighed in frustration. As they tried to find a solution, I stressed about the situation. Nobody was happy she found out about them. Would they try to hurt her? They were protective of their secret and Bella was challenging them, threatening to expose them. I threw my head back against the couch in frustration. Why didn't she ever think before she acted? Just then, Edward and Cece burst through the back door. Edward and Cecilia were a blur as they ran towards me and the rest of the Cullens, respectively. I welcomed Edward's comforting arms and snuggled up against him as he rubbed my arms and joined the conversation.

"How did she find out?" he questioned. I wanted to know that, too. I couldn't even figure out their secret, but I guess I wasn't really trying.

"I'm not sure. Anything could have tipped her off," Alice said. I tried to think back to a time when she would have been tipped off and immediately thought of our time at the reservation.

"I think I might know why," I said out loud. They looked towards me as they waited for me to elaborate.

"When Bella and I went to the reservation for the bonfire Mike set up a couple of months back, we saw our childhood friend, Jacob Black."

As soon as his name left my mouth, realization dawned on everyone.

"We went on a walk together and he told Bella and me some of the Quileute legends to try and scare us."

Rosalie scoffed as Edward muttered something about stupid dogs.

"We should have known they wouldn't be able to control the younger ones. Who even knows how many other people they've told!" Rosalie exclaimed.

"Enough, Rosalie."

I turned to see Carlisle and Esme entering the room through the back door.

"It is a part of their history, which allows them to indulge the children once in a while," he finished.

"Carlisle, what are we to do about this?" Cecilia asked.

"We'll talk calmly with Bella to gather everything she knows. This doesn't have to end badly," he addressed her. Then he directed his attention to me and said, "Toni, what do you think is the best approach to take?"