Chapter 25

Toni's P.O.V.

My classes after lunch went quickly as I paid little attention to my teachers and more to my thoughts. What Bella told me was unbelievable and I couldn't stop mulling over her words. My anxiety grew each passing minute and the memory of Alice's grim expression that had etched into my mind didn't help either. I just couldn't understand. I felt something the first day I met Edward. I didn't immediately love him the first time I saw him, but I felt something that perhaps rivaled love.

I never thought I would find someone that I would consider being in love with. With Dean, there wasn't any real love. I think I was obsessed with the idea of an older boy giving me attention and obsessed with the idea that someone might have eyes for only me. I might have even been craving love that I wasn't getting at home.

I had never been in a relationship before I started dating Dean. I was completely naive and I had no clue as to what an actual relationship should look or feel like. Dad and mom hadn't been together long enough for me to observe how a couple should act and Phil hadn't entered the picture until after I met Dean. The only 'real' relationships I had observed were on shows broadcasted on television and everyone knew those relationships were scripted to the max.

Looking back on it, I didn't love Dean; the love I held for him was too extreme and corrupted by his actions and words. I had ignored my consciousness and morals and decided to obey every suggestion and rule Dean laid out even though I was met with no love.

I think I was more in love with the idea of Dean. Before I met him, I was a great student that couldn't and wouldn't even think about breaking any rules. Save for a few things I did because Amanda pressured me into it, I was a pretty good kid. Dean was the complete opposite of me. He was on the verge of failing most, if not all, of his classes and he had had a habit of breaking the rules to anger people. He was everything I wasn't and I didn't want to be me anymore.

With Edward, as time went by, I started to realize that I liked him. I didn't like the idea of him and his looks or his money. I didn't like his popularity, whether good or bad, with our peers. I liked him. I liked the way he smiled when he was happy, I liked the way he was confident in himself, I liked the way he made sure I was comfortable, I liked how comfortable I felt in his presence. It completely blew my mind how fast it happened. That was why I was still so confused and conflicted about the situation at hand.

The bell signaled my last class of the day and with a huge sigh, I got up from my seat and exited the room. I made a quick trip to my locker before I trudged my way to Edward's car. Hopefully, Edward would be there, and hopefully, Bella wouldn't open her mouth during the car ride.

When his car came into view, I saw Edward leaning against it with an aggravated expression marring his face. Bella was standing close next to him, trying to get his attention. She was pushing her lips out to form a pout that went unnoticed as Edward faced a completely different direction than she did. When Edward saw me, he straightened out his form and gave me an apologetic, crooked smile.

"I'm sorry I abruptly left lunch today," he apologized. I waved him off with my hand and made my way to the opposite side of the car.

"It's okay. I understand you might have been a bit peeved by the whole thing," I told him with a small smile of my own.

"Well, I was a little upset that you left," Bella complained. "I wanted to talk more about-"

"Nobody cares, Bella," I said in a bored tone. "Can we just leave?"

"Sure," Edward said and then proceeded to get into the driver's seat.

As I opened the front passenger's door, a hand gripped my arm and pulled me back. I came face to face with a smirking Bella, who gestured towards the back seat.