Chapter 16

THREE YEARS AGO - Third P.O.V.

Toni walked inside her house quietly. It was two in the morning and she was too stoned and too tired to argue with her mother, who she knew was waiting up for her. Usually, she would be very apologetic for making her mom stay up for her, but she, quite frankly, didn't care anymore. She walked down the hallway and made her way to the stairs, but she stopped when she heard her mom's voice.

"Toni Alexandria Swan, where have you been?!"

Toni sighed and her shoulders dropped; she was so close to avoiding an argument. She took a couple of steps back and walked into the living room. She knew if she ignored her mom, the argument would follow her to her room and she didn't want her mom in her room. It wasn't as if she had something bad hiding in her room, but she liked her personal space.

"I was just out," Toni said tiredly. Her mom was standing in front of her with her arms crossed over her chest.

"You were just out?"

Toni nodded her head; going down fast and coming up slowly because her head felt heavy.

"You were out partying again with that Dean boy, weren't you?"

"I have...no idea...what you're talking...about," Toni said, cutting the sentence multiple times by yawning.

"Sure, you don't!" her mom yelled while throwing her hands up. Renee started pacing the room; back and forth, back and forth. It was giving Toni a headache.

"I know I'm a pretty laid-back mom; every other mother has ridiculed me because of it, and I know you and Bella take advantage of that."

She took a deep breath and let it out.

"There are things that I will tolerate, but what I won't tolerate is my youngest daughter coming home smelling like weed at two in the morning, looking like she's drugged up!"

"Who are you to accuse me?!"

"I am your mother and I am the rule maker of this house. Ever since you started dating that rebel of a boy, you've been acting out. I don't want you seeing him anymore."

"You can't tell me who I can and can't date! I love Dean, and he loves me!"

Toni's mom scoffed.

"Love. What do you know about love? You're only 15! That boy is 19! Do you think he loves you?! I'll believe it when I stop seeing him in the streets with whores."

"Forget you, you dumb bitch! You're just pissed off that I can actually keep a man," Toni said, referring to her mom's dating history. Renee looked at her daughter in disbelief. She couldn't believe what came out of Toni's mouth.

"You're grounded. You are not to have any contact with Dean. You are to come straight home after school. You are not allowed to go to anyone's house and I want your cell phone. Now," Renee said, her voice getting louder and louder as Toni started walking away.

Toni stopped at the bottom of the stairs and turned towards her mom. She was mad and hated how much authority her mom had over her.

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"As long as you live under my roof, you are to abide by my rules," Renee said, and then held out her hand. Toni looked at her mother's outstretched hand and then back at her face. She raised her eyebrow.

"Cellphone. Now."

Toni huffed loudly and quickly put her phone in her mom's outstretched hand before storming up the stairs.

--------------------

"Hey babe," Dean said.

"Hey Dean," Toni replied.

They were behind the school hanging out. Toni was supposed to be in class, but she skipped. At first, Toni denied Dean every time he asked her to skip, but eventually, she accepted his request. She was scared to skip class as she knew she would miss vital information for her education and she didn't want the school to call her mom, but as time went on, she started to care less and less about school and getting in trouble with her mom.

Toni was madly in love with Dean. She had only been dating him for four months, but she felt like he was the one for her. She had never been in a relationship before, so when Dean asked her to be his girlfriend, she was nervous. She didn't know how she was supposed to act or what she was supposed to say. It was a new experience for her and she wasn't sure if she was ready for it. In the end, Dean made her comfortable in the relationship and it bloomed into something she thought was beautiful. To her, he was the sun that the planets revolved around.

On the contrary, Dean didn't love her. When he had seen her on the first day of his senior year, he thought that she was hot. He wanted a new conquest, as he was bored with the last girl he messed with. When he walked up to her at lunch that day, he knew that she was a freshman due to the innocent and young look to her face. That fact didn't deter him from his mission, though. It made him want to accomplish it even more. He had never been with a virgin and he thought it would be a great experience.

Dean offered Toni a cigarette, to which she gladly accepted. She put it in her mouth, and Dean pulled out a lighter. He lit the end of it, and Toni took a drag. They did this for a couple of minutes in silence before Dean struck up a conversation.

"So, I heard your mom blew a fuse again," he said while smirking.

"Yeah," Toni said while blowing out some smoke. "She smelled the weed on me when I got home last night. She told me I was grounded and that I had to come home straight after school today, but that's not going to happen."

Dean laughed and pulled out a cigarette of his own.

"Speaking of weed, where is it? You said you were bringing some today," Toni stated accusingly.

"Yeah, about that," he said while running his hand over the back of his head. Toni rolled her eyes, already knowing what was coming next.

"You smoked all of it, didn't you?"

"I'm sorry babe, the boys came over."

Toni seethed in silence. She loathed it when his 'friends' came over. They were full of ignorance and were downright pigs. They had no respect for her, and Dean always acted differently around them.

"Your boys are starting to piss me off," she grumbled.

This made Dean mad. He had put up with Toni's complaining for months and it was getting on his nerves. She was cool when they first started dating, but now she was annoying. It was why he started cheating on her behind her back. That, and the fact that she still had morals and didn't want to have sex yet.

He walked in front of her, grabbed her cheeks in one hand, and pulled them together. Her cigarette fell out of her mouth onto the ground, and her eyes started to water; the force he was using was great.

"You listen here bitch, and you listen good. I'm tired of your fucking shit! You disrespect my boys, you disrespect me. I don't have time for a spoiled brat, so you better hurry up and get down from your high horse before I pull you down. Understood?"

She pushed away from him and picked up her fallen cigarette. She took a drag to calm her nerves. She looked at him and saw that he was waiting for her to confirm her understanding. She rolled her eyes.

"What are you, my warden?" she asked sarcastically. She smirked and raised the cigarette again. Her smirk was wiped off her face when a force met her head and whipped it to the side. She kept her head to the side and clutched her swollen cheek. She was stunned. That was the first time he ever laid his hands on her in such a violent manner. She felt like crying.

"You ever say shit like that again, I'll end you."