Prologue

10 Years earlier

A young girl rushed up a stone walkway, up to the Madrigal home. Her little legs were much stronger than they looked. She was determined to make it there for the gift ceremony that the whole town was excited about. She knew she would be in trouble with her parents, but she didn't care.

She wanted to see.

Finally in their front garden, she struggled to get through the crowd that blocked her view.
Chatter and excited voices about a boy around her age getting a gift made her feel even more excited than before.

"Have you heard? Pepa's boy is finally getting a gift!"
"I wonder what it'll be!"

"I hope it won't like little Dolores' gift. She looks at me suspiciously all the time."

The man saying that shivered/

The crowd finally cleared and it was time, all the lights mesmerized the little girl and she took in the amazing scenery around her. The stars reflected in her large, curious eyes and made her smile. All of a sudden, someone bumped into her. She looked back to see  a boy dressed in all white, with brown skin, and small freckles dotting his face. 

" Who're you?" He inquired, a mischievous smile spreading across his face.
"Mara." The small girl replied curtly, raising an eyebrow.
"You look weird. And dirty." The boy replied, giggling.
The small girl's dark face crumpled and she pushed the small boy, slightly dirtying his shirt and trousers. He stuck out his tongue at the girl, and an old woman appeared.
"Camilo, it's time. Who is this... girl?"
The elderly lady inquired, dusting Camilo off.
"She's my friend and I want her to walk with me to my door."
Mara was shocked.
Was tonight's ceremony for-

"Just hurry up, nieto.", she said while hurrying away, mumbling something about a candle.

Was that the famous Abuela Alma?

"Come on. You're gonna help open my door."

"But I-"
Grabbing Mara's tiny hand, Camilo started to walk down the red carpet spread in front of them, spotlights shining on the two small children.
Mara heard confused murmurs, and felt many pairs of eyes on her. She felt shy, but Camilo's small hand held tight to hers.

"Don't worry. I'm here."

 He whispered, looking up at the door in awe.

Ascending the stairs and arriving at the door, Camilo finally let go of her hand and walked over to the old lady from earlier, holding the candle and then putting his hand on the doorknob.

A searing bright light consumed the house and onlooking crowd, and Mara had to cover her eyes.

When she opened them again, She saw Camilo's face right up in hers.
Then, with a giggle, he transformed into her.

"Don't I look cool?"

Hi! This is the prologue of the story (and also my first time writing a wattpad story), and quite obviously the way Mara and Camilo first met, during Camilo's gift ceremony. If I get positive feedback I'll continue the story, if none I won't. I hope you liked it!